Wrist Strap for RRS L-Set for Leica SL2

roofus

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I recently ordered an RRS L-Set for my Leica SL2. I had one for my SL and liked it very much. I also had a Vello padded hand strap to use with the RRS L-set. It was ok but nothing special. 

I couldn't find the padded strap on Vello's site. Does anyone know of a padded hand strap that will allow you to carry the SL2 with confidence and security. 

Thanks!

Don

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, the Vi Vante strap looks to use a ring, not universal connectors for the SL2.  I, too am looking for a padded hands tap that 1) can attach to the SL2 lug and the RRS baseplate and 2) doesn't have any metal to scratch the pathetically thin paint on my camera.  

Anyone love their hand grip/strap?

I've been using the PeakDesign hand grip with the RRS Baseplate and it's been working fine.  Not perfect, but quite useable...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

There is one made out of neoprene for the Leica S under accessories that probably will work. It is made of neoprene, somehow I have in my head they also offer a nicer version but can not find it. It is somehow way more expensive here in the US than in Europe,

Personally I use  a Nikon out of Leather that came with  base plate which I removed

Cheers

JK

My guess is its fine unless you have really small hands. I am wearing mine fairly loose otherwise it is a struggle to reach the buttons. You can also see that in the picture with peak design one, It looks fairly loose.

https://us.leica-camera.com/Photography/Leica-SL/Accessories/Multifunctional-Handgrip-HG-SCL4

Only concern I have is the huge price difference between US and Germany.

I do remember from Nikon D80 days that generally if you carry a camera with a strap like this it is more comfortable to have the grip.

Cheers

JK

• 6 months later...
9 hours ago, Donald M said:

I replaced the Herringbone hand strap by this: https://www.eddycam.com/de/shop/sling/SLiNG-2-L-Handschlaufe-DSLR.html

It is larger over the wrist and feels more comfortable. It is more expensive though: €159 (incl. VAT). It fits excellent with the RRS. 

Thanks for your advice.  Any chance to try their SLiNG-3 as well?  The SL2 with VE24-90 is heavy and front loaded, will it be better with a wrist tie to support this heavy setup?  Or it is too bulky for the purpose?

On 8/6/2020 at 2:47 AM, JMac said:

I saw that too JK.  All the pictures of it show the S (or the SL2) with the extended battery pack ("handgrip") on the bottom of the camera, so I'm wondering if it would be too big for just the battery only... Hmmm

I have that Leica S strap and I found that I cannot adjust it small enough for reasonable security on the SL2 body with RRS baseplate ( and no battery grip) for my medium hands.

On 2/9/2021 at 8:50 AM, DTam said:

Thanks for your advice.  Any chance to try their SLiNG-3 as well?  The SL2 with VE24-90 is heavy and front loaded, will it be better with a wrist tie to support this heavy setup?  Or it is too bulky for the purpose?

For a sling I use the Magpul MS4 as I also have the RRS base plate. So I have no need trying another sling. 

Donald