M10-D: Any word on availability.....?

Linford

It appears right now not to be too bad. I'm in France, I ordered one yesterday from my regular Leica dealership and it'll be delivered by the end of next week I am told. The US? Not sure, but you can ask a few dealers and see what they say. 

Good luck!

Popflash and Leica store in Boston received their first cameras within a day of announcement, and had customers waiting for each.  It's the arrival date of the second camera and the rate at which further copies show up that you want to ask about.  But the M10-D is a specialty product.  I would expect that they will appear in a burst and then stop appearing.  Attention will shift to the M10-M which is rumored to be next, and then to other models.  As an M10-D purchaser, I think that is good.  The -D models should hold their value well over time.

• 3 weeks later...

Still waiting for my camera from reddotcameda in the UK. Number 2 on the list supposedly. Last time when the M10 was released I joined the queue on release day. Leica at the Time stated that they were shipping right away. Had the camera 6 months later. Hope that doesn’t happen again. 

Am 19.11.2018 um 20:53 schrieb sebben:

Still waiting for my camera from reddotcameda in the UK. Number 2 on the list supposedly. Last time when the M10 was released I joined the queue on release day. Leica at the Time stated that they were shipping right away. Had the camera 6 months later. Hope that doesn’t happen again. 

May I ask what other Leica do you have? why M10-D?......

I got my M10-D by being first in line at my dealer, and it showed up on announcement day.  They now list it as a preorder item, so they are coming slowly and the preorder list hasn't cleared (I don't think it was very long).  I had used one during a late beta test, just shooting it as FOTOS wasn't ready at that time to adjust any internal settings, but I was comfortable with it as a backup to my M10.  Not a big philosophical statement, just a quiet M10-P that is easier to hold and fun to shoot with.  Less lens-changing.  Often the -D is the one that I use more.  I hope that answers iLeica's question.

On 11/21/2018 at 7:06 AM, i-Leica said:

May I ask what other Leica do you have? why M10-D?......

I don't have any other Leica. For me the M10D is the essence of what shooting an M should be without the hassle of film. (It still has too many. buttons) I find the digital Ms with the screen feel very strange. A camera design from the 50s with a cellphone glued on the back. It’s just odd. If one needs a screen the SL is by far the superior camera for that sort of work.

For me the M is a camera that I carry everywhere, I don't need instant image review.

My camera shipped today for what it is worth.

3 hours ago, sebben said:

"......My camera shipped today for what it is worth."

What it's worth? About 8000 bucks I guess, at least right now before you unpack it anyway.

But enjoy it, I've both M10's now but I can see that the M10-D is going to be a fast favourite, albeit alongside the Q that's still one hell of a camera.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb petermullett:

What it's worth? About 8000 bucks I guess, at least right now before you unpack it anyway.

But enjoy it, I've both M10's now but I can see that the M10-D is going to be a fast favourite, albeit alongside the Q that's still one hell of a camera.

„Both” M10? You have two of them? And why you talk the M10-D down for him? If it’s worth the money for you to have two, it’s worth the money for him to have one M10-D....

I also opt for the M10-D just because I wanted the Leica since M7 and now I can have it with no trouble with developing, scanning etc. I liked the M7 for what it was and that’s why the M10-D is exactly the same, it’s what makes me buying it, offering the same experience as the M7 - I know Leica made a lot of “modern” cameras since then,  but still the M7 is the last one I see as the real one.