M10-D: Any word on availability.....?

Linford

On 11/21/2018 at 6:11 PM, i-Leica said:

Could you please define “fun”? It’s exactly what I buy Leica for....

I could say that if you need a definition you aren't going  to have any.  But I think you know what's a "fun" camera to use.  For one thing, it's the one you grab when something is happening:

L1008603 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr M10-D 24/2.8 asph

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

M10-D  of first batch all sold out that is very good thing for Leica.

But so long waiting time can ruin this "succes story" 😵.

Maybe, there is not so many people waiting for M10-D on waiting lists,

so next batch can wait more than expected.

1 hour ago, i-Leica said:

Interesting, thank you.

The new Leica paradigm seems to be, understandably, that you keep stock in Leica Stores.  I can see that it’s also available in HK dealers.  I would order it, but I like to support my local dealers (Photo and Video International in Christchurch and Progear in Auckland) - they’ve always been very good to me, and the local importer (Lacklands) is also very good considering how small our market is, and how remote.  First rate service.

I suspect mine is the sole order in the country, so I’ll just have to be patient (notwithstanding that I confirmed my order on announcement).  I have no shortage of equipment to keep me entertained over Christmas, I guess.  I doubt this is a product run that will last for long.

John

Edited by IkarusJohn
  • Like 1

Thanks i-Leica for the link.  

Also agree with ikarusJohn about supporting my local shop, if the wait is like 3 months, then I will order from other country's store.  This morning checked B&H and they too are on back order, so I guess NA is in the same situation.

James

• Thanks 1

I don't think the stores understand the M10-D.  When I signed up for their first one, my favorite store was surprised and a little puzzled.  They were even more surprised to have several others take places on the wait list or request notification.  But they haven't received a second unit from Leica USA yet.