M10-D: Any word on availability.....?

Linford

Advertisement (gone after registration)

B&H and Popflash still list the M10-D as "pre-order" so I assume they still have customers in the queue to take care of.  Calling around might well turn up unclaimed units.

Edit:  I see one in stock at Popflash, and they are in stock at B&H now (Jan 7)

Edited by scott kirkpatrick

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, i-Leica. Besides the M10-D, I have the MP film, Leica C, Leica D-Lux (type 109),. Until recently I also had the SL with 4-lenses in the SL line, 24-90, 90-280, 50-Lux and 90-Cron. I recently swapped out the SL outfit for the Hasselblad X1D.. I also moved my M10 when the M10-D arrived.

• Like 2

Yes, I-Leica. I sure did and it was not even a hesitation. The M10D is a state of mind and I am all for it. It really is liberating to shoot it. I love shooting film but the delays and processes involved make it a bit more drawn out and deliberate from a processing point. The M10D is a similar shooting experience without the dragon time. Although there is admittedly nothing like pushing a roll of HP5 and chewing on the grain......but that takes time. Cheers—

• Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Got mine too today and loving it ! +1 on the state of mind Linford :)

There are quite some features (basic ones though) that I would like to see in the app. Maybe we should start a thread here instead of writing emails through the app to their support team ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DickieT said:

Got mine too today and loving it ! +1 on the state of mind Linford :)

There are quite some features (basic ones though) that I would like to see in the app. Maybe we should start a thread here instead of writing emails through the app to their support team ?

I like the idea! The dev team doesn't necessary have to look at our posts, but it also helps the community to get a feeling what features are often missed.

The team that runs the forums does occasionally report stuff to Leica, but they are pretty busy.  The Fotos developers operate under the shelter of a customer support group that relays suggestions onward when they are clear enough.  So there is no direct path (nor should there be -- suggestions that come up on forums are sometimes pretty wild).

What feels useful to me is to collect ideas and from time to time summarize them.  Then if the user priorities seem to be more or less agreed upon, there are several of us who can pass them along to Leica management.  I imagine that will only support things that are already getting done, but it will feel better than just sitting around wishing...  There is a nice long pinned M10-D thread that can be used for this.  Or we could request that the mods pin a thread for M10-D + Fotos improvements.

BTW, I just filled a 64 GB card on my M10-D and moved on to an empty card, using the format command in FOTOS.  It worked perfectly, with the numbers continuing on at around L10099xx.  I'm waiting to see the transition to a new folder on the chip.  But I'd like to be able to give it a unique set of folder numbers, as the current file names overlap shots made on another camera.  The manual promises that we will be able to do that.

Edited by scott kirkpatrick

No.  Even summarization is contentious.  Everyone with more than 100 posts is an "ehrfahrener Benutzer"  (that's Teutonic for "experienced user") and wants to have a say.

But here's my list:

for all the cameras -- make the WiFi hotspot wake up faster, or if there are multiple steps, form the connection with the phone fast  and signal that other parts of the program are still initializing.  For FOTOS, be able to suppress reading all the files on the (perhaps nearly full) SD card when the user just wants to check or modify a setting, or go into remote mode.  Right now, the SL and CL are relatively fast starting, the M10 and M10-D are quite slow.  The SL with Android FOTOS is easily hung or disconnected by trying to do things in FOTOS too quickly.  Fix that.

For the M10-D, where getting at settings is especially important, complete the list of accessible functions claimed in the users' manual:

supplying the code for an R or an uncoded M lens seems top priority

then allowing modifications of the file names produced -- choose a first letter, choose the folder number to start with, enter the copyright or artist name.

Eventually it would be nice to have

Make FOTOS a better remote interface, faster, and with all information that is available in the EVF on the camera including the histogram.

Leica didn't promise it, but the M10-P can magnify the live view image around the spot that you touch on the LCD, so why not FOTOS?  On the SL and CL AF at the point you touch is working, so there is some sort of interface available.  (There is a way to move the magnified image region in the EVF without FOTOS, but it is so hard to find and use that it qualifies as an Easter egg, not a feature.)