Code Name "Clooney"

That's impressively unattractive design for a Leica. Jesus what were they thinking. I think this is the least well designed Leica camera I have ever seen.

Compact APS-C camera with a largish built-in EVF … and likely better than a small-ish EVF.  There's no point in mentioning Jesus. … and judging any camera by its appearance is unwise. 

But it's inevitable that whenever a new Leica model is introduced, some forum members give it a real bashing before reading the reviews and without knowing its full specification or design raison d'être.

dunk 

Edited by dkCambridgeshire
  • Like 3

Compact APS-C camera with a largish built-in EVF … and likely better than a small-ish EVF.  There's no point in mentioning Jesus. … and judging any camera by its appearance is unwise. 

But it's inevitable that whenever a new Leica model is introduced, some forum members give it a real bashing before reading the reviews and without knowing its full specification or design raison d'être.

dunk 

I'm sure the technical aspects will be good, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a very poor design for Leica standards. Which are unarguable the best in the industry.  

• Like 1

I'm sure the technical aspects will be good, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a very poor design for Leica standards. Which are unarguable the best in the industry.  

Can you please justify your comment and mention exactly in which aspects of the design, in your opinion, Leica has failed to meet 'standards'?

dunk

• Like 1

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

If the leak is real, which I rather hope it isn’t, then Leica is offering an APS-C L mount camera with and without EVF. I don’t see that offering choice reduces overall sales.

John youre forgetting we will see the new S00x on the 22nd as well

Neil

• Like 2

It seems very odd to me, mostly people are wanting some other camera from Leica ... its a bit strange.

Strange but true: most people always do want another camera from Leica. Any camera except the one that happens to be available. :)​ 

dunk

There’s always a point in mentioning Jesus, isn’t there?

Looks like it could very well be the same EVF the Panasonic G9, which would probably be a very good thing. The external round appearance and eye relief look similar on the two cameras. From dpreview:

“The G9's OLED viewfinder is really something. A resolution of 3.86 million dots and 120 fps refresh rate means that it's detailed and contrasty, and with an equivalent maximum magnification of 0.83X (in full-frame camera terms) it's enormous, too – and very immersive. Looking through the G9's finder, it's easy to forget that it uses a Micro Four Thirds sensor.”

and

“What shouldn't require much adjustment to is the all-new 0.83x (equivalent) optical viewfinder. It's among the largest electronic viewfinders ever built into a digital camera, providing an immersive shooting experience that's enhanced by the use of an OLED display, which gives great contrast.”

Promising.

ACG

• Like 2