Germany /Leica academy

Guest guy_mancuso

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dunkin Donuts is legally prohibited from calling their "coffee" coffee in Berlin, I hear...

Confirmed. Same applies in Poland (where I am today... )

So what do they call it? (German version please; I wouldn't remember the Polish.) Thanks!

--HC

last one for tonight . Well you know what they say some things just taste better than Ice Cream. 75 lux , still love this lens and you can see why here

I'm glad that someone else feels the way I do about the 75 'lux. It has a quality that I think is lacking in the newer improved 'cron. It's good on the M8 but it is spectacular on my MP with b&w film.

Guest Bernd Banken
So what do they call it? (German version please; I wouldn't remember the Polish.) Thanks!

--HC

This sort of hot brown "something" we name it in Germany "Muckefuck". No joke:D

During the war people roasted grain to get a similar taste like coffee, but as we know it's impossibel to achieve. So this name above has to be spelled like "Moockefoock",not the english spelling please...:rolleyes:

Bernd

not academy but important :

you want to do something good and valuable with your m8, besides talking techs?

take a look and contribute here with your cameras.

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/other/26874-edward-burtynskys-photos.html

it is more important and more "leica spirit" and more photographic than talking techs

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm a bit worried.

It's just past midnight (here in Germany) and I didn't see nothing from our beloved Guy.

Is he sleepy?

Got no Mac-connection?

Would he probably have been stopped by the Swiss police because of this terrible speedy car? Then he could probably suffer in a Swiss prison without good food and (worse) no wine? Perhaps we shall prepare to free him?

So, not getting pictures tonight makes me nervous.

Wake up!

Best wishes!

This sort of hot brown "something" we name it in Germany "Muckefuck". No joke:D

During the war people roasted grain to get a similar taste like coffee, but as we know it's impossibel to achieve. So this name above has to be spelled like "Moockefoock",not the english spelling please...:rolleyes:

Thanks, Bernd!

Amazing how coffee tastes differ. In some parts of Latin America if you ask for coffee, you'll get some hot water and a pouch of Nescafe! (That's in the non coffee-growing regions, of course. ;) )

But what would I ask for if I went into a Dunkin' Donuts outlet in Germany? Would I ask for "Kaffee"? Or would I ask for "eine Tasse heissen Muckefuck"?

--HC

Guest guy_mancuso

Alive and well but i did have to check my underants a few times today:D

Back in Germany in Baden_Baden , check in later it is dinner time. i do have a lot to process and we are having a great time. Okay in case you are wondering get the Cayan

Guest Bernd Banken
Thanks, Bernd!

Amazing how coffee tastes differ. In some parts of Latin America if you ask for coffee, you'll get some hot water and a pouch of Nescafe! (That's in the non coffee-growing regions, of course. ;) )

But what would I ask for if I went into a Dunkin' Donuts outlet in Germany? Would I ask for "Kaffee"? Or would I ask for "eine Tasse heissen Muckefuck"?

--HC

Howard,

younger people never heard this really old word. They could get angry about you....

There is an old brand, named CARO, a coffee substitute made of roasted grain.

A wikipedia page explains the word Muckefuck is derived from the french "Mocca faux" false coffee. An influence from the troops of Napoleon in the Rhineland.

Take a cup of coffee sit down and study a bit the german:( page of Wikipedia:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muckefuck

Bernd

Thanks, Bernd!

One mark of "French Quarter Style Coffee" as sold in New Orleans is the addition of ground chicory beans. But that's in addition to coffee, not a replacement.

I haven't had a chance to check the Wikipedia article, but I will. 'Mocca faux' is as good an origin for 'Muckefuck' as any other, and New Orleans derives a lot of its history from the Cajuns (="Acadiens," or French Canadians), so the French Connection sounds reasonable.

--HC

Guest guy_mancuso

Couple quick shots from today. i am really behind here on processing but a few samples. Post more later falling asleep

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Looks like you are having a blast. Make sure to try some of this too!:D:D

Guest guy_mancuso

There not M8's that is for sure. LOL

Another quickie before i have to run but the folks in Europe sure like having there photo's taken.

What are those black and silver monstrosities behind the pilsner glasses?.

Looks like a D2X or related camera, and a 20D/30D. Every time I see an SLR lens, I am reminded why I switched. Even the Leica 50mm Summicron-R which I once owned, and which once looked so compact to me, looks like a monster now.