Germany /Leica academy

Guest guy_mancuso

Guest stnami

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I will post and make comment wherever I see fit and it isn't your call to dictate where I post and make comment.

Nothing technical about this thread. I probably have been warned as many times as you so lets not call the kettle black .. I love cheese but you can keep the cheesecake............

go and cry to the mods I haven't said anything that is abusive , just that your work needs some life into it,,,,,,,,, sterile is the word

you can always start a petition to get me banned Guy or............................... send nasty mail to me again, I don't do that sort of stuff

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest guy_mancuso

it is obvious that you are only here to troll and make a nice thread look bad and your great. Enjoy your supposed superiority on photography, no one really cares. go bother someone that cares what you think. i'm done.

But at the end of the day Imant's is right, these are just holiday snaps - not that there's anything wrong with that. They illustrate some of the places you've visited, I can't really see anything that's indicative of anything Leica M8 specific other than the fact that an M8 was used to take them.

Enjoy the rest of the trip, it looks like another cracking day in Southern Germany. A bit of thunder last night, but it seems to have cleared up.

Guest Bernd Banken

in the seventieth Citroen had a promotional trip in the Netherlands with the famous 2CV.

Here a shot of a not so amused driver of one of this charming cars::D

Bernd

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Steve there not meant to be anything but what they are , this is about the M8 and the leica academy trip the last time i saw the heading not about what imants thinks. Andy watch all you want but this thread is a piece of shit now and not worth any more reports from me on something that 95 percent of YOUR members wanted to hear about. need to get the priorities of the masses correct. if i want my work evaluated than it is supposed to be in the photo forum and that is the general the normal place for that. But like always the rules are never followed. Enjoy your day i am off to breakfast and go enjoy the rest of this trip but i don't need this shit from him or anyone. i have done my share of helping others and if this is the payback i get than i don't need it. Andy you let the idiots run the place and than we all will leave, that is what you will get

Guy, I'm not wildly excited by Neuschwanstein et al. (been there) but I really like the Cow ReBUTTal. If I don't have one of my own in the collection, do you mind if I download yours for future use? There are times when only tossing someone a meadow muffin can express my feelings properly.

I would like to see the cars, and I wonder if you got any face time with Leica execs or were you having too good a time with gear and beer?

enjoy,

scott

Guest stnami

No Guy I am neither an idiot or a troll.......... see who is abusive and threatening and it an't me.................For the sake of your breakfast////////,,,./,,,,,, I shall head towards dinner enjoy

An interesting image there Bernd.particulary like the double story, the portait and the people in the background, it's like a double play

No Guy I am neither an idiot or a troll

Well I'm not a troll, but one out of two ain't bad.

Seriously, If you post photographs on a photographic forum people are going to comment on them, as many have here. Some will like the photos, others won't. No one ever seems to get annoyed with positive comments for some reason <grin>. If someone doesn't like them, then it's no big deal. The best thing is to either explain why you disagree, or say nothing at all. Calling someone a troll or threatening to flounce off the forum is the wrong approach IMHO.

Guy,

I encourage you to keep posting and telling us any updates you learn along the way.

I for one find your posts and your photographs both interesting and informative.

For what it's worth, I think that Jamie's comment is spot on.

Don't let criticism spoil your fun.

Those of us who care know that you do not need to prove anything and I presume to speak for many whom I believe derive the same enjoyment that I do from your reports.

I hope you enjoyed your breakfast.

Best wishes

David

So these are holiday snaps - pretty good ones at that. This is a Leica holiday and the poster is one of the most valuable - if not the most- assets on this forum. Are we to start begrudging him bandwidth??? I enjoy this thread.:)

Other people have been called-up for posting holiday snaps on the technical forums. The images on these pages are definitely not making any technical points about the M8, and I'm constantly amazed how obscenity and abuse can flow freely from Guy's posts without check.

And furthermore, imants was frankly expressing a mild judgement of the artistic value of the snaps.

Surely the point of posting images on a public forum is that you should be capable of taking a little criticism?

Other people have been called-up for posting holiday snaps on the technical forums. The images on these pages are definitely not making any technical points about the M8, and I'm constantly amazed how obscenity and abuse can flow freely from Guy's posts without check.

And furthermore, imants was frankly expressing a mild judgement of the artistic value of the snaps.

Surely the point of posting images on a public forum is that you should be capable of taking a little criticism?

:confused: :confused: Your definition of obscenity and abuse must differ widely from mine:rolleyes:

In case you did not notice, this is a photographic forum. That means that photographs will be posted. Lighten up!!

Guy,

I encourage you to keep posting and telling us any updates you learn along the way.

I for one find your posts and your photographs both interesting and informative.

For what it's worth, I think that Jamie's comment is spot on.

Don't let criticism spoil your fun.

Those of us who care know that you do not need to prove anything and I presume to speak for many whom I believe derive the same enjoyment that I do from your reports.

I hope you enjoyed your breakfast.

Best wishes

David

I agree 100%, please keep posting Guy.

:confused: :confused: Your definition of obscenity and abuse must differ widely from mine:rolleyes:

In case you did not notice, this is a photographic forum. That means that photographs will be posted. Lighten up!!

I just felt imants was entitled to his opinion.

I know that the easiest way to appear superior on any thread is always to tell the other person to 'lighten up'. This makes it look like you are the good guys and relaxed, while we're up-tight and nasty.

I personally don't think imants deserved the attacks that were heaped on him because he criticised these mediocre holiday snaps, is all.

Lighten up guys! ;)

I just felt imants was entitled to his opinion.

I know that the easiest way to appear superior on any thread is always to tell the other person to 'lighten up'. This makes it look like you are the good guys and relaxed, while we're up-tight and nasty.

I personally don't think imants deserved the attacks that were heaped on him because he criticised these mediocre holiday snaps, is all.

Lighten up guys! ;)

No problem, opinions are what makes a forum go round. And lighten up means just that: lighten up. No negative implications in my book...