Germany /Leica academy

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am not Guy, but I have some pictures for you!

The Birthplace of your beloved M8´s :)

[ATTACH]42334[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]42335[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]42336[/ATTACH]

M6TTL - Summicron-M 35/2.0 asph. - Slidefilm cross-processed

Robin,

Thanks for sharing the photos, they're great!

Cheers,

Nick

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Bernd Banken

Just dropped into my brain:

"Oh Lord, won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?

Those Guys all drive Porsches, I must make amends.

Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,

So Lord, won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?" at least....

BTW: have fun:D

Bernd

PS: There is a rumor that those people who are busy with MPs and M7 will have a factory-tour and a trip to Austria next week in Toyota Corollas?:rolleyes:

Guest guy_mancuso

I think between us we have every modern lens Leica makes in the M . The only one maybe is the 21mm missing. I know in my bag and some have to be returned is the 12mmCV,WATE,24mm,28 cron,35 lux, 50 lux, Nocti, 75 Lux, 75cron, 90 macro and the 135mm apo. i sent my 90mm cron home with my wife in NY. so far i have seen or tried all of these and the 90mm elmarit crome, 28mm 2.8, 35 cron , 50 cron, 90 cron and i think that is it. That is a lot of lenses floating around, most everyone has a WATE. I take that back everyone does have a WATE either there own or loaned from the academy. We saw them being built when in Solms.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

sorry, but the Spargel season has already finished. But you can try Sauerkraut all over the year...;)

Yes, but only with Eisbein and beer... be sure you have two fellows with you to lift you out of the seat when you´re finished... ;)

Sorry, I deleted my post unintentionally, so again:

Guy, remember my invitation some months ago.

If you will have the opportunity to pass by in Freiburg, I will show or nice town, my restaurant and we could have lunch or at least the opportunity to make pictures of some glasses of wine and even drinking their content. Anyway. It depends on your tour-planning. But being here in the lunchtime will cost only 2 hours of delay - and if we do not drink too much, it even will not cost your license.

Manfred Schmitz

Restaurant Enoteca

Gerberau 21

79098 Freiburg

My cell-phone: 0049 (0) 171 4929999

Enjoy your trip!

Guest guy_mancuso

Thanks Manfred. i would love to visit as you know. Guy

Woody did have the white aspargaus tonight and we talked about it . Sure you guys don't have a bug on us. LOL

Okay need to download todays take . Seems like everyone is getting some really nice images here and having a good time in the process.

Btw, Jaap, welcome to the 2000+ post club :) I took the liberty to look through the member list today (yes, 13700+), and found out that there are vastly more people with 0 posts than all others combined, and probably more 0-50 posters than all more-frequent-posters combined. Around 100 it narrows down considerably, there is a real narrowing to 500+, and above 1000 posts it breaks down as follows:

1000+: 32

2000+: 9

3000+: 3

4000+: 0

5000+: 2, stuny, one of the moderators, and guess who: Guy! :)

Obviously, we are both in the 2000+ group. Mark Norton is in the 3000+ group. I forget who else. One person I knew, the other not. Perhaps someone on the German side.

I think I count in the >3,000 post group. Doesn't get me any closer to flying around German in a Porsche though... :)

So long as some folk are enjoying themselves...

Haha, that's right! You were the one I knew about.

So, who are all those 0-post people? Are they active? Is there some script which cleans out the database from time to time? I saw, for example, that imants needed several tries to settle into his identity. I think "im" was another failed attempt.

Guest guy_mancuso

Some from today first one is the Nocti and the rest the Lux , yes that bike was coming fast at me and who says you can't focus a 75mm Lux quickly:D

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Guest guy_mancuso

Well you can always shoot your own wedding, yes the groom was doing his own shots. LOL

135mm apo. i shot this than tried to give the bride my card and said send me a e-mail and will send some images. But she thought i was selling something . oh well

catch up later

Guest guy_mancuso

last one for tonight . Well you know what they say some things just taste better than Ice Cream. 75 lux , still love this lens and you can see why here