Germany /Leica academy

Guest guy_mancuso

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Andy that was the CV12mm lens, great little lens just need to get my new hood and filter on it but it certainly is sharp. Not sure folks know this on the 12mm but it does have focus stops on it which for non -coupled makes it very nice

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What are those black and silver monstrosities behind the pilsner glasses?

:)

My brand N dSLR, my M6 was back in the US for this trip, and my Dad's brand C film SLR. That was then, 2 years ago, today it would be the M8!!!!:p:P:p

BTW the beer shot was in Austria just across the border from Germany (we crossed the boundary several times that day).

Looks like a D2X or related camera, and a 20D/30D. Every time I see an SLR lens, I am reminded why I switched. Even the Leica 50mm Summicron-R which I once owned, and which once looked so compact to me, looks like a monster now.

Close, a D2H and the original Rebel. I used a D70 for the shot. Done in 2005.:eek:

Roger that on the monster angle!!:D:D:D

Guest guy_mancuso

One of my favorites so far. Got to go , catch up later

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Andy that was the CV12mm lens, great little lens just need to get my new hood and filter on it but it certainly is sharp. Not sure folks know this on the 12mm but it does have focus stops on it which for non -coupled makes it very nice

Did the Leica folks have anything to say about your CV lenses?:confused::confused:

Guest guy_mancuso

We are in Munich on Sunday evening for shooting and dinner. So if anyone wants to contact us call. Marks cell 49 163 725 7171. David 49 178 819 2635. We will try posting more info tomoorrow , we are in a internet cafe in Fussen. So we are limited here

Guest guy_mancuso

Couple shots from Castle Neuschwanstein for King Ludwig otherwise known as the Disney Castle . Out of internet and off to Munich

Guest guy_mancuso

King Ludwig castle also

Guy,

Thanks for showing those pictures. They are beautiful.

Do you recall which lenses you used. I'd be interested whether any were taken with the WATE, the cv 12 or the cv 15.

Seems like you're having the trip of a lifetime. Hope it's as much fun as it seems!

Best wishes

David

Guy,

I may use some of these pictures to explain to people in London next week why I prefer to stay in Munich.

Would like to have taken the opportunity to hook up with you guys today as you seem to be having a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I am on my way to London.

Hope you get to enjoy one of our lovely Biergarten - it looks as though it should be another sunny day.

Huw

Guest guy_mancuso

We are in Munich right now , just arrived. I think someone from the forum is joining us tomorrow here to meet up with us at 9 am Monday morning. We are at the Holiday Inn Town center hotel.

The fabric shot is with the WATE . We all have one either as a owner or a borrowed one from the Academy and we all love the WATE , great lens. Btw all shots taken are with IR filters except the 12mm and i stopped shooting that until I get home and set that up correctly. I lost all my reading glasses so I need to go find a stre but we all have internet now and we will be posting. Today we got lucky and ran into a bike race and the M8's were blazing, wait untill you see them.

here are a couple shots that I processed on the bus before my laptop computer battery died, need to condition the mac battery

Noctilux,

Noctilux and than the 75t lux

The castle was the 135 apo the lakes were the 75 Lux i believe

I came back to Munich after two weeks hiking in the Dolomites and found this specialty roast pork restaurant found it walking around near downtown. amazing place if you can find it.

this was it:

Restaurant HAXNBAUER (Sparkassenstr. ): The MUST HAVE here is the formidable Schweinhaxn. This whole pork knuckle is spit-roasted to give outstanding crackling.

The knuckles can be seen roasting on a spit in the window, a sight that reflects the establishment's typically Bavarian attitude: For example, when asked which vegetable he preferred, a local notable is reputed to have replied, More meat makes the best vegetable.

Guest guy_mancuso

Thanks folks it really has been a splendid trip and we all are enjoying ourselves very much . We are a little tired from lots of walking and such but we need too keep working off theses great meals. I have shot around 3400 raw files so far and i don't bracket so that is a lot of images for sure and honestly i have yet to really get into processing these never mind even WB them. Hopefully the color is on target because i am on a laptop and only processing for the web right now but i have a lot of work when i get home. I am running my two M8's on AWB and i would say maybe 10 that are really off in 3400 is excellent AWB performance, really can't get better than that. If i am off it is not by much and a easy fix. i have one M8 with a vertical alignment out of calibration other than that been running very well , the obvious fixes that we need do show up . Like not showing the last image on playback once in awhile and also the zebra strips. i actually hit the buffer on the bike race , but i was shoot extremely fast but it cleared very quickly and much better than the DMR ever could so that is good news . certainly wearing down batteries a lot , i don't turn the camera off until i go to sleep so the cameras are pretty much on all the time. Keep a eye on your diopters , i lost one out of two. Not sure they truly help me though. I do need reading glasses ythis is killing me typing and quessing at my spelling. I lost three pairs . LOL

Guest guy_mancuso

These are all WATE shots at 18mm mostly the first one is 21

Guest guy_mancuso

Well this pretty much says the range of the M8, another WATE at 18mm. i have filters on BTW with John's adapter

Well this pretty much says the range of the M8, another WATE at 18mm. i have filters on BTW with John's adapter

Great use of the WATE at Linderhof! :p Did you shoot in the Venus Grotto? Good use for fast Leica glass, which I wish I had with me at the time when I took this shot! :D

There are some large dept stores between the train station and the old town part of Munich - hopefully they will have reading glasses. :eek: