Leica SL Image Thread ...post your examples here ....

thighslapper

Advertisement (gone after registration)

SL + Leica 50mm f/1.4 Summilux-M ASPH

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 10

"small talk" SL & Apo Summicron M75mm

• Like 16

crisanithum shot w/ sl plus 90mm apple

A remarkable tree in a garden - with SL and 90/280. Processed, but still a real photo - no painting software used.

• Like 9

got the camera yesterday.  shot 54.  might as well post another cat... summicron M 35mm at f/2 and 1600 ISO under a 40W tungsten bulb.

• Like 9

got the camera yesterday. shot 54. might as well post another cat... summicron M 35mm at f/2 and 1600 ISO under a 40W tungsten bulb.

Congrats and enjoy! Play a little with the various settings, post questions here, save your preferences - and you are set.

• Like 1

Congrats for the best Cam!

DiDi

& Greetings from Austria with „Fritzi“ - with Leica Q the smal SL

with „the point of interest is sharp“

Edited by PDW
  • Like 3

90-280

Just a shame the AF isn't good enough to keep up with her movement

Yuffie in the Snow by dancook1982, on Flickr

:) for the images - and the optical qualities of the zoom! But I agree, one cannot rely on af for quickly/erratically moving subjects. The best we can hope for are FW updates, or SL2...

• Like 1

I know that the SL does not have the best in class AF. But carrying out your shots in snow is no different in shooting against back light, the weakest point in contrast detection AF system. If you carry out the trial against a DSLR side by side and comment against the SL's AF capability, I will accept your objective comparison. Doing non compared shoot and making comments and conclusion, I can best say it is non objective. Do you expect every shot to be pin sharp from any AF camera? I am not saying SL AF capability is the best. It is not, but it is sufficient for many situation if you know well how to use it to it's best capability to make beautiful pictures.

I know that the SL does not have the best in class AF. But carrying out your shots in snow is no different in shooting against back light, the weakest point in contrast detection AF system. If you carry out the trial against a DSLR side by side and comment against the SL's AF capability, I will accept your objective comparison. Doing non compared shoot and making comments and conclusion, I can best say it is non objective. Do you expect every shot to be pin sharp from any AF camera? I am not saying SL AF capability is the best. It is not, but it is sufficient for many situation if you know well how to use it to it's best capability to make beautiful pictures.

Point taken.

I shoot Leica SL (with 90-280) in parallel with Nikon D5/D850, the latter with 300mm f4E PF (Fresnel) or 400mm f2.8E. Also in snow. The Leica cannot compete at all, at least not with my understanding of the system. Two different worlds. Still, Leica is my fav. Not for af (or the buffer size), but for the optics, simplicity, colours, handling, feel, etc. Different systems for different use. Unfortunately, one can say. But this is how it is.

I’ve also shot extensively with D4 and D4s with Nikon’s 24-70, 70-200, and 200 and the SL with the zooms or the 50 SL is not remotely close in AF capability.

No CDAF system I’ve used is comparable to the best PDAF systems for tracking and quick/erratic movement.

• Like 2