Leica SL Image Thread ...post your examples here ....

thighslapper

Mine too, which is why I figure the info gets applied. My R lenses, and of course, the "dumb adapter" are not, so possibly the reason.

Gary

Yeah.....I never really have too much concern about it anyway. Ie my Summicron 35 IV, elmarit 90/2.8, Zeiss Opton 50/1.5 and Zeiss 50/1.5 ZM doesn’t have the 6bit code.

I guess the images speaks themselves and I didn’t have problem differentiate them anyway. It would be nice if I can sort it within LR though. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary,

Congratulations on your new SL!

Whichever adaptor you use there's no way to automatically select R or uncoded M, LTM, (CY, Voigtlander, Nikkor, etc) lenses but you can manually select R or uncoded M lenses of course.  If selecting the particular lens through the menu is a pain a quicker way is to set up one of the four profile for each lens.  This still means button pressing buttons but it's slightly less hassle and a little faster.  I assume that you've discovered that a short push and a long push on the buttons yield different things and that you can customise the buttons to your own preferences.

Pete.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Gary,

Congratulations on your new SL!

Whichever adaptor you use there's no way to automatically select R or uncoded M, LTM, (CY, Voigtlander, Nikkor, etc) lenses but you can manually select R or uncoded M lenses of course.  If selecting the particular lens through the menu is a pain a quicker way is to set up one of the four profile for each lens.  This still means button pressing buttons but it's slightly less hassle and a little faster.  I assume that you've discovered that a short push and a long push on the buttons yield different things and that you can customise the buttons to your own preferences.

Pete.

Yes Pete, enjoying a new toy.

I'm doing something wrong then, as when I select for example 24mm Elmarit in the lens profile segment of the menu, it shows, but not on the image details when opened in CS6 or LR6.

Not a biggie, but it would be nice.

I was sort of aware of the differing presses of the buttons but yet to fiddle that deep. Little steps.

Gary

Interesting, Gary,

I've just gone looking at File Info in CS6 in some of my shots and it seems to have the wrong (manually selected) R lens info.  I usually remember to select the appropriate lens when I change lenses so I wonder if this might be a bug that I hadn't noticed before.

I'm a 'start shooting and only look at the manual when I can't work out why something doesn't work' kind of guy but I have to say that the SL is one camera where it certainly helps to spend time going through the manual early on.  For me it got a lot easier after that.

Pete.

• Like 1

Christmas day stroll

90-280 SL

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

I remember visiting the Beverly Hills last Dec. and it looks like this too!

How’s the fire? Has it all been under control?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't aware that we had a fire!  More likely it was in California.  :lol: We are having some gorgeous weather these days. No snow, of course! Never.  I'm originally from Connecticut and do not miss those cold winters. 

Rob

Edited by ropo54

Summilux-SL at f/1.4 and f/5.6

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

SL + 24-90

...L1040828 by sillbeers15

SL + 24-90

...L1040812 by sillbeers15

SL + 24-90

...L1040851 by sillbeers15

SL + 24-90

...L1040882 by sillbeers15

SL + 24-90

...L1050168 by sillbeers15

SL + 24-90

...L1050164 by sillbeers15

SL + 90-280

...L1050093 by sillbeers15

SL + 24-90

...L1050200 by sillbeers15

SL + 24-90

...L1050221 by sillbeers15

SL + 24-90

...L1050247 by sillbeers15

Beautiful pictures.  Thank you for sharing them.

- Vikas