What did you cash out to buy an M246?

dante

I just finished a major dump of MM, M lenses and R lenses to cover the worst episode of Leica addict GAS I have had since buying my first M2 when when in a photo shop during college.

The M246 kind of started it when I found one at its German birth center (after my 28 Summilux had arrived, which I had saved for). M246 + 28 Summilux are sensational together, for which Thorsten has promised us his expert analysis.

But the real need for emergency de-equipmenting came with the S promotion in the US. I always thought of the S as being big, fat, and unjustifiably expensive for me...  never even picked one up at the string of Leica stores I have snuck into to feed my habit. But 60% off with a full warranty was just too much to walk by ! :lol: !

The M246 is a masterpiece, IMHO. Last night, I shot 100+ frames at ISO 5000 with SEM 18mm at a private event. I have not made prints yet, but the tonality in the RAW files is awesome for scenes shot against a twilight-lit window wall with a super-wide.