Finally, a great strap for M (...and X and T)

Carbon111

Different tastes as usual. The "perfect" neck strap is necessarily adjustable and ajustment must be fast and easy to me.

Leitz 14092 (TSOOU) and its English clone (Classic Cases) here. Perfect simplicity. YMMV.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Seriously, I don't understand why anyone would want anything other than an A&A silk cord strap, unless they don't want to spend the money of course, which is fair enough...

Artisan&Artist* Straps

How about because it isn't long enough (37") as a shoulder strap? I'll take the stock strap any day, and the one that's standard with the new M has increased flexibility.

To each his own….and I can understand why others may have different preferences. ;)

Jeff

I actually like the strap which comes with the Leica's. I did use an Artisan & Artist and it was fine. I'm 6' and it was perfect. I would prefer a simpler strap than the Leica and wider to boot, but anytime you add bulk it can become problematic when shoving it in a storage receptacle.

Jeff, for about four years now I've been using mine as a shoulder strap.

Now you've made me worry that there's something wrong with my shoulders!

Funny. But the point of course is that people come in all sizes…and have varying preferences for handling, ergonomics and shooting style, aesthetics aside. And that's what makes it understandable that not everyone may prefer your choice.

Jeff

... and I still don't see what's wrong with the one Leica provides in the asking price for the camera. I've had flirtations with other straps and always come back to the nylon and rubber one. Does the job for me at no extra cost :)

Chris, don't you find the nylon and rubber one uncomfortable if you use it as a wrist-strap for long periods? I did, but I'm an old softy.

How about because it isn't long enough (37") as a shoulder strap? I'll take the stock strap any day, and the one that's standard with the new M has increased flexibility.

To each his own….and I can understand why others may have different preferences. ;)

Jeff

I have it in all my bodies and find it functions beautifully as a neck strap.