I love my M-A

Thanks for the link, Michael. I suspect the premium to 'redesign' would be fairly silly (in mere mortal terms, at least).

If it was an off the shelf option, like a BP MP, I'd consider it.

Cheers

J :)

+1.

I would consider that as well. A fully black paint M-A with minimal (or no) branding at all, would have been a nice given option.

Instead, I use the currently offered black chrome M-A. No complaints with this option. In fact, I use this camera more regularly than my black paint or silver ones.

:)

• Like 3

I don't get why they didn't offer this one in BP. Isn't that the more desirable option for the majority of Leicaphiles?

Maybe later in BP.

In my case, this is the ultima analog M waited for long years, the finish did not matter when I bought the first one in 2014.

So happy to buy this brand new M that if it was a choise of BP/silver/black chrome, I would not be able to choose which one ;) .

See post #40 to understand better my "non-choice" at that time.

Edited by a.noctilux

Advertisement (gone after registration)

BP is an exclusive thing. Too many BP and you're killing desirability.

What? That makes no sense. Doesn't kill my desirability.  Why a BP MP? If the M-A is a modern day M2/3 then I think it should be BP in the black option. 

Edited by gnuyork
  • Like 2

Still enjoy shooting with my M-A regularly :). I bought Michaelwj's SA21 and I can't figure out how to get it off my camera ;) oh well. Guess it's just going to live on there!

32197499374_654dacfbd7_b.jpgLeica M-A with SA21 by Abram Goglanian, on Flickr

32521064494_fdbcd90a5b_b.jpgSan Francisco Explorations by Abram Goglanian, on Flickr

Recent shot with aforementioned combo on Tri-X

• Like 12

What? That makes no sense. Doesn't kill my desirability. Why a BP MP? If the M-A is a modern day M2/3 then I think it should be BP in the black option.

I'm talking in market terms, not in personal preferences.

Too many bp models and you're killing it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In another thread, "Best Film M", Wattsy reported light leaks from his M-A , two times, new M-A and later with another M-A after using it.

Do people M-A users have had problems with their M-A ?

Mine are ok till now.

In another thread, "Best Film M", Wattsy reported light leaks from his M-A , two times, new M-A and later with another M-A after using it.

Mine are ok till now.

M-A M-A MIA!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mine are ok till now.

No

Welcome here fangoragurkel.

Using flash with Leica M is not the best combo, if not the worst :p .

M-A is very straight forward for that, you can use every electronic flash from 5 USD to the most expensive one.

Don't forget that the sync speed is only 1/50s.

I use some old flashes with hot shoe or with cord : Pentax, Metz, Cullmann with tilt head, etc.

With computer if needed or just in manual with guide number as the good old day.

• Like 2

Mine are ok till now.

I've had my M-A since May of 2016 and since then I've put probably 40-50 rolls through it (There will be many many more now that it's my only film M). I've never experienced any issue at all with light leaks or exposure issues or shutter problems or winding problems or anything. It just works. I did accidentally knock the RF out of alignment a little bit but I've fixed that before and it was just as easy to fix on the M-A. 

I recall reading complaints about loading film Ms but there seem to be a lot specifically targeted at the M-A. I don't load it any differently than I do with any M but after dropping the film into place and put the baseplate back on I pull up the rewind knob and twist it until I feel a slight amount of tension. This just takes up any slack before winding, and then I wind my two blank frames to start the roll and off you go. The whole process takes no more than a few seconds and it works every single time.

Edited by Abram
  • Like 1

I've had my M-A since May of 2016 and since then I've put probably 40-50 rolls through it...

Abram,

Have you noticed any change in the smoothness of wind on, or any change in the sound the shutter makes after these 50 rolls? Anything tactile or audible that makes you think the camera is "wearing in" (in a good way)?

Thanks!

s-a

I have a pile of exposed films from the M-A that need developing - I'll check and get back here.

One problem I have had is loading the film. For some reason, my technique is bad.

John, develop them , it's easy and fast

Are they all Kodak rolls ? b&w or color ?

Rg

H.