Time to vote: One Challenge: Wetzlar

andybarton

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and good morning,

this is Dagmar, I attended the Copenhagen One Challenge last year for the first time and do always look back gladly on the October days 2012.

Now I´m in anticipation of the Wetzlar One Challenge 2013. I`m happy to see you all again in Wetzlar.

By the way the attached photo is showing my new photo equipment which is going to be used for the challenge in Wetzlar.

Cheers

Dagmar

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Dagmar
Typo
  • Like 7

I think someone mentioned elsewhere on the Forum that factory tours were now suspended until the move to Wetzlar was completed. Does anyone know please if this information is indeed correct, and, if so, how the time scale would interact with the date of the Challenge?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I think someone mentioned elsewhere on the Forum that factory tours were now suspended until the move to Wetzlar was completed. Does anyone know please if this information is indeed correct, and, if so, how the time scale would interact with the date of the Challenge?

i'm curious too. it would be a shame to get this close to the factory without the opportunity to visit!

:) rick

We've just booked at the Hotel Wetzlerhof, arriving Friday and leaving Sunday. That is if the old Land Rover keeps going ......

Cheers, Tom

Have you set off, yet Tom? ;)

Regards,

Bill

Sent from another Galaxy

Have you set off, yet Tom? ;)

Regards,

Bill

Sent from another Galaxy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AS POSTED 30 NOV'12

We are going by Land Rover (Defender) and will therefore have to leave by next Thursday afternoon at the latest. Look forward to seeing everyone in Wetzlar.

Cheers, Tom

Yeah Bill, we left as planned and still making progress ... slow progress that is. We're hoping to get East of Amsterdam by the 8 May. In the meantime will fly home for the London and Bristol meets, whilst the old faithfull (Land Rover, not Eileen) is being serviced in Holland.

Cheers, Tom

• Like 1

This looks like fun. It's only a 3.5 hour drive from Amsterdam (as I don't drive a Land Rover :)) so I might see if I can make it....

Hi Simon

It IS fun, you should try to make it. Good crowd, good food, good beer and we have even been known to take cameras.

Cheers, Tom

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

With grateful thanks to Andreas, J.J. at Leica and forum member Anke, I am very pleased to be able to say that we have organised a factory tour for those attending the One Challenge this year. Depending upon numbers, Leica can offer us up to two tours, each with a maximum of 20 people.

The tour(s) will be on Friday 11th October and commence at 10:30 and 10:45 (if necessary).

Numbers are strictly limited, and we need to confirm to Leica the number of attendees, so if you would like to take the tour, please make yourself known in this thread, including +1s, as necessary. The tour lasts an hour or so, from memory.

I will not be able to attend on the Friday due to work commitments, but having been on the tour a few years ago, I can highly recommend it.

Edited by andybarton
  • Like 4