Barnack Challenge # 50 “Embodied memory” - Voting thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Voting is now open and will close at the end of 29th of February. All Forum Members, as well as contestants, are welcome to vote.

• Voters must give 3 points to their 1st choice; 2 points to their 2nd choice and 1 point to their 3rd choice.
  • You must vote for 3 places otherwise your vote will be invalid.
  • Naturally contestants may not vote for their own entry.

Please cross reference your votes by quoting the post # and the photographers name or image title.

The contestant with the highest total of votes is the winner and has the honour of organizing the next challenge and setting the theme for it.

Ihr habt bis zum 29 Februar Zeit, zwischen den Bildern zu wählen.

• Drei Punkte für das beste Bild, zwei für das zweitbeste und einen für den drittplatzierten.

Nennt bitte auch den Namen des Fotografen oder den Bildtitel und die Aufstellung #.

Der Gewinner erhält das Recht, das Thema für die nächste Barnack Challenge festzulegen.

Edited by Aryel
I copied paste the text from Bateleur, hope it is ok

2 hours ago, Pyrogallol said:

My Peter Grisaffi picture should be disqualified from the voting. I made a mistake with the start date of the Challenge and took it a few days too early.

I would say not to disqualify it on those grounds.  It seems to me a little leeway can be granted.  

• Like 3

Further to ejd's situation, I too made a mistake, but not a recoverable one. I have only just posted (for interest only) my chosen pic, but of course this is after the start of voting, so I am definitely invalid. I had my 111f in for a CLA and then had to return it afterwards foe a minor correction. I lost scope of the dates and blithely went on to shoot my pic. Only just discovered my mistake.

Now to post my votes.

Bateleur, post # 9 - 3points

Dr No, post # 7 - 2 points

ejd, post # 4 - 1 point.

I enjoyed all the entries. Thanks to all.

• Thanks 1

Interesting!  This challenge really brought out the visoflexes.  All these close-ups and venerable old lenses.  My votes

1st — 3 points — Doug A

2nd — 2 points — Thomas_schertel

3rd — 1 point — Bateleur

• Thanks 1

Thanks a lot for all the great contributions and voters.

We have a clean winner with @Bateleur with 23 points. An amazing image, and such a great interpretation of the topic. Really well done.

In second is me, thanks a lot for all the votes. Feel really proud to receive so many points!

In third are @Doug A and @thomas_schertel with both 8 points. Really great images too.

Well done to all! Looking forward to seeing what @Bateleur will propose for our next challenge!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes indeed, congratulations to Bateleur! And to Aryel, Doug A, and Thomas.  I enjoy these challenges because they provide an impetus to go out and try to take some photographs.  So I look forward to the next one and Bateleur’s choice of theme.  
all best

John

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the positive reaction to my photograph. Congratulations too to Aryel for an emotive photo and to DougA and Thomas for their personal memories.

I'll dream up a new theme and start the next challenge when I return from Scotland in May 

• Like 1