Name this car....

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Good morning Stuart.

I shouldn't take the credit for this one as I searched with the number plate / licence plate to find the answer, however:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Good morning Stuart,

Rona!d got it in one.

Edited by hektor
  • Like 1

I am confused, Ronald did not post!? 
Even I could have guessed this one 🙈

Here is more or less the same car:

Edited by a.j.z
  • Like 1

Gents, I´m running out of car pictures or time posting them quick, so I dropped a camouflaged hint with "crossing a desert" at the Bugatti riddle as I knew the story behind that model 40 (wasn´t sure if Stu would give that hint). Wilson and Hektor were equal, correct maker, wrong models. With the Porsche I had the same problem and Andreas understood that. I have dropped Hektor a private message not just about the Porsche but private in general. No need to publish the car as "solved riddle", should have letting it go on.

Next question: Who´next? I´d suggest ANYONE who is quick enough to take the chance! I´m sure there are people who have a proper vehicle to post but didn´t have the chance because we are too quick in responding or the riddles are for insiders. I´d encourage everybody also to post non exotic cars!

vor 16 Stunden schrieb a.j.z:

...  as he knows EVERYTHING! (or at least every car ...)

I don´t. With the Bugatti for example I had too general routes: French car with american flavor (hence the Bug) and - go figure: A special Ford Speedster/Runabout whatever mix of T Speedster rear and A model but the center locks made that unlikely. I often may know the directions to dig but many cars I have to check in my archive (yes, often in old books from the time before internet).

Old car books are a real pleasure, sometimes you even find info the internet doesn´t "know". Sometimes "new knowledge" from the internet adds or corrects bugs in the books. Anyway seeing things on paper and thumb through a real book is pure pleasure to me.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, stuny said:

Anybody want to jump in?

How about:

• Like 1

I think I know what this car is but as I have nothing to post I will leave it to others. Rather nice to see a patinaed version rather than fully restored. We were offered what was purported to be one of the team le Mans cars but our expert found out when he was doing his inspection and provenance investigation, that it was a complete fake, with counterfeited chassis plate and engine numbers. It all was rather revealed when it turned out to have only a three speed gearbox :P oops!

Wilson

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1