Name this car....

Here goes...

I saw this car yesterday. It looked like it had just come off a showroom floor. Everyone was stopping to admire it.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by MarkP
  • Like 1

Well done.

But last of the production, 1953 according to the plates.

I thought that an obscure Antipodean mid-Century car may take you a bit longer to identify 🙂

The famous General Motors Holden 48-125, known as the FX

Level camera, sloping road.

Edited by MarkP
  • Like 1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarkP said:

The famous General Motors Holden 48-125, known as the FX

Should be 48-215

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_48-215

In the early sixties we used to buy them from the wreckers for five quid and drive them till they dropped.

• Like 2

meanwhile, here's the full image of the stratos from earlier: 

• Like 1

Here is your next one. Taken with my previous M7 and scanned. I seem to be fated to have problems with M7's. My first one was plain awful, with constant electronic faults and my current one with mechanical. I seem to be getting blanked by Leica (both UK and Germany) trying to get a new intermediate gear shaft, which has now been on order for months. Both branches seem to be blaming each other for the failure to supply - not great for customers. 

Usual marque and model please. 

Wilson

1 hour ago, wlaidlaw said:

Here is your next one. Taken with my previous M7 and scanned. I seem to be fated to have problems with M7's. My first one was plain awful, with constant electronic faults and my current one with mechanical. I seem to be getting blanked by Leica (both UK and Germany) trying to get a new intermediate gear shaft, which has now been on order for months. Both branches seem to be blaming each other for the failure to supply - not great for customers.

Dear Wilson,

My M7 "à la wheelbarrow" went back to Wetzlar a number of times before it was replaced as the gnomes were unable to fix the many problems.  May I suggest you pack it up and post it to their Kundendienst.  I have found that more effectinve than waiting for parts to be sent by donkey cart.

11 minutes ago, hektor said:

Dear Wilson,

My M7 "à la wheelbarrow" went back to Wetzlar a number of times before it was replaced as the gnomes were unable to fix the many problems.  May I suggest you pack it up and post it to their Kundendienst.  I have found that more effectinve than waiting for parts to be sent by donkey cart.

Hektor,
Wetzlar have a current habit of charging a basic €800 + VAT for any film camera repairs + parts + extra if there is anything complicated. It was cheaper to buy an R9 while waiting for delivery of the part.  Also, as they now have only a single film technician, there is I am told by one of Leica UK's dealers, about a 6 month waiting list. If I don't get some reaction to the various emails I have sent this week, I will send a registered letter to Oliver Kaltner, the CEO. 

56 minutes ago, NigelG said:

Hmmm...Is it a Kitsch mk 2 (codenamed “The Hideous”) in the very sought-after Batman special edition livery?.....🤔

I don't have a clue what a Kitsch Mk2 is (neither does Google). It's not that anyway. It is a production vehicle not a special or motor show car. 

Wilson

1 hour ago, wlaidlaw said:

Hektor,
Wetzlar have a current habit of charging a basic €800 + VAT for any film camera repairs + parts + extra if there is anything complicated. It was cheaper to buy an R9 while waiting for delivery of the part.  Also, as they now have only a single film technician, there is I am told by one of Leica UK's dealers, about a 6 month waiting list. If I don't get some reaction to the various emails I have sent this week, I will send a registered letter to Oliver Kaltner, the CEO. 

I don't have a clue what a Kitsch Mk2 is (neither does Google). It's not that anyway. It is a production vehicle not a special or motor show car. 

Wilson

Err....I was merely having a laugh at the rather gauche appearance and making up an appropriate marque/model........