Name this car....

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

OK.  From what car am I taking this photo?

• Like 4

I have also spent many hours sitting in the navigator's seat in a 8C-2600 1935 Zagato bodied Le Mans team car, so recognised the view immediately. Best of all pre-war cars to drive. The only poor bit of design is the original gearchange, where the gears are so far apart, they are in different zip codes (think of an early VW beetle but worse). There is a now non-synchro dog clutch gearbox in this car, out of a later Alfa GP car, on which you can change gears as fast as you can move your hand and the gear lever only moves by a couple of inches. Just the gearbox alteration took over 2 seconds off our lap time round Dijon. 

Will look for something new this afternoon. 

Wilson

• Like 1

Here is your next one. Make, model, variant and coachbuilder please. 

Wilson

Looks like a Ferrari 330 GTC Coupe or GTS Spyder, either one since the portion of the car shown was identical among all - also, there was a series of about 100 365 GTC / GTS models produced on the 330 chassis but with a larger engine, indistinguishable from a 'normal' 330 on the outside except for a pair of small black vents in the rear of the bonnet.

JZG

Edited by John Z. Goriup

John, 

100% correct. 330GTS, with Pininfarina bodywork. I actually prefer these to the far more expensive 275 GTB NART Spyder cars. The 4 litre engine is much torquier and the handling more balanced. The only downside is the low geared and slightly vague recirculating ball steering but there is now a dutch company who make a powered rack and pinion conversion for the 330. Many years ago I had a 365 GTC Coupé which was another nice car, this time with power steering, albeit still recirculating ball. 

Your turn. 

Wilson

• Like 1

Thank you, Wilson. As John Cleese was fond of saying - " and now for something completly different".............an American car for a change.

The first photo contains a major clue in that the 'panoramic' windshield offers a strong hint of the time period in which this car was built. I will further mention that it's not an attempt to trick you with an obscure one-off 'dream car', rather, it's one of the approximately 125 of this limited-production design which were produced for one of the then major US carmakers.

JZG.