Name this car....

The position of the headlights, horns and side vents suggest Horch but the radiator surround is a bit thin and this looks like a medium sized car versus the monsters that were most Horch. Also it looks to me like it has racing visors folded down.

Yes, a Brough Superior!

Brough Superior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'd never seen one in the flesh before.

Sorry for jumping in Ronald, it was just too tempting to link with the previous discussion on British makes. But as you added the final element to the name I guess you now have two goes lined up :D

Steve

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Steve,

no problem from my side, what a rare car you posted. I was abroad due to bank holiday. Only had my iPad with me, so no pictures available. Thanks for jumpin´in!

It´s JEFF´s turn now as he mentioned Brough first.

The horizontal upper slots in the bonnet clearly said "Brough", but I was fooled by the missing radiator mascot I expected from the (only) Brough Superior I knew. So I thought of a customized BSA car instead.

Good job, Jeff!

Edited by Rona|d

It´s JEFF´s turn now as he mentioned Brough first.

Very gracious Rona|d...

One thing I have learned from this thread, besides the introduction and viewing of some very interesting automobiles, is how little I shoot them!

I would have to run out and grab some quick "uncommon angles" of "common vehicles" again.

That, and as you missed a turn before, I will respectfully pass posting the next installment back to you!

OK, next one:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Well, not only a show car, let´s say a test vehicle developed over the years. One-off? Yes, I think so.

edit: It looks a bit like a special purpose vehicle, though it seems not to be one. Has a quit big engine.

Edited by Rona|d