Name this car....

Guest Benqui

Advertisement (gone after registration)

mmmm the Hella head lamp confused me. At the beginning I thought it was a Porsche 356. But I think it is neither a Jaguar XK 120 or a MKII. I would prefer the XK 120.

best regards,

Marc

mmmm the Hella head lamp confused me. At the beginning I thought it was a Porsche 356. But I think it is neither a Jaguar XK 120 or a MKII. I would prefer the XK 120.

best regards,

Marc

Assume you wanted to say "either" instead of "neither" and indeed it is a special edition of a Jaguar XK 120.

Malcom was so close with guessing an XK 140. My VW/Hella tip should lead him to the XK 120. Only very few made for the US with these flat, streamlined head lamps, sportscar and VW importer Max Hoffmann was the head behind this idea. There was a story that some in the US didn't want the XK 120 beeing imported and they tried to find (safety?) regulations forbidding this if I recall right. Hoffmann or one of his stuff had the idea taking the VW head lights which looked not bad at all. But finally the standard Jag lights were no problem so after some cars they looked standard like european works Jags.

I will post a shot of the complete front side when I'm back at my other computer.

I hoped one of you will mention, it's a special XK 120, sorry for some vague hints.

Edited by Rona|d

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The Jags were so saught after in the early 1950´s that Max Hoffmann offered a tough deal. Dealers who wanted a Jag from him also had to buy a VW Beetle with it. I called this deal "A Jag with an extra bug" :rolleyes:

Guest Benqui

O.K., friends of unknown cars. Let's start with the right rear light. I am sure, this will be a brainteaser. Don't be fooled by the yellow color. It is not a car from the seventies.

Best regards,

Marc

Marc -

We might figure this out just as easily by looking at a drip from the dipstick, not showing the dipstick. I suspect owners of this car might be the only ones to recognize it.

tough one.

Guest Benqui

Stuart,

I agree, it is really too difficult. Maybe this one helps a bit more?

Guest Benqui

Congratulations Ronald!!!

I was convinced that nobody would solve this problem. This car is from 2000 and I had the possibility to drive it. It is very strange because you do not hear a motor while you drive. But with the cockpit and the glassdome it feels like flying a sailplane although the highspeed is only 45 km/h.

It's your turn

best regards,

Marc

That is the "slow" version with the small license plate (insurance). You could also get one with about 60-65 km/h. Here in our city some have CityELs, there is also a Roadster version available, I think. Sailplane-feeling seems to be right. Never drove one of this, but some electric "real" cars, curious how things will develope in the next two decades.