Few of my 1st M9 images..

stevem7

Advertisement (gone after registration)

review coming October 1st but here are a few images from the M9...

35 Lux ASPH at 1.4 - Color untouched, AWB, ISO 160 - added vignetting for effect

p465539409.jpg

50 Pre Asph wide open

p599511520.jpg

35 Lux

p190108907.jpg

35 Lux

p838525178.jpg

Now many of you know I am a HUGE fan of the M8 and M8.2 so the M9, for me has pretty bug shoes to fill. I won't say what I think about it right now but there will be much more to come!

Based on the quality of what you're creating with the M9, its a safe bet that you're going to give the camera a 5 star review.

BTW, you should cover if there are any issues with the M9 (or any rangefinder) when you have to focus and recompose. With my D3 I can put a focus point on the eye and just shoot. With my M9 (that I'll own sometime in the next 6 months I figure), I'll have to focus on the eye using the rangefinder patch and then recompose the shot. I'd expect that to cause the focus point to be incorrect at wide apertures and produce an out of focus shot.

Am I wrong?

Steve, love your stuff in general.... but... you did NOT just post the first official M9 cat picture..? at the very least you should have shot it with the noct.

You mean no one else has posted a CAT pic yet with their M9?! Oh no! BTW, I do not have a noct but am seriously thinking of picking up the Voigtlander 1.1. Thanks Bo,

Steve

Based on the quality of what you're creating with the M9, its a safe bet that you're going to give the camera a 5 star review.

BTW, you should cover if there are any issues with the M9 (or any rangefinder) when you have to focus and recompose. With my D3 I can put a focus point on the eye and just shoot. With my M9 (that I'll own sometime in the next 6 months I figure), I'll have to focus on the eye using the rangefinder patch and then recompose the shot. I'd expect that to cause the focus point to be incorrect at wide apertures and produce an out of focus shot.

Am I wrong?

All I do is focus and recompose! Well, 95% of what I shoot is that way, especially portraits. Never had an issue. Thanks!

Steve

John, after more than a decade with rangefinders, when you shoot wide open and focus on one spot and then recompose, at certain distances it can be an issue. But you pretty quickly learn to compensate and it becomes a non-issue in practice -- especially since you've got the LCD to check if you nailed the focus.

Steve, stylistically I like the added vignetting on the first two, but on the landscape it doesn't really do it for me...