stacking filters on 21/1.4 summilux?

usccharles

Advertisement (gone after registration)

hi,

just picked up my lens with many thanks from help from members on this forum :)

is there anyway to stack filters on this lens? i used to use my noctilux during the day, often with the UV/IR and ND filters stacked, so i can take pictures wide open, but on the 21 is this impossible as there is room for only one filter between the lens and hood. is there an adapter to fix this??

looking forward to going out with the lens and having fun fun fun!! thanks for your comments as always.

charles

i guess its the same issue with the 24/1.4. same size filters and same format. my shop is going to let me know if there is a ND filter that fits this thing, but yes i agree, wouldn't be nice if there was a UV/IR/ND filter in one? :)

so looking at the manual, there is a E82 filter holder that will go on this lens, in place of the hood. which will allow me to stack the two needed filers, uv/ir and nd, both e82.

ouch. very expensive.

anybody have pictures on how big this looks on the lens? please tell me there is a better method than this...

gelatin filter i guess it is, for now. its kind of disappointing that leica didn't consider this issue alittle more. the lens is great, i have no complaints so far about the lens and build quality, but knowing this lens was optimized for DRF and knowing that we Have to pretty much have the IR filter on all the time, you would think leica would have thought up of a way to put another filter on the lens without going about this uselessly large filter adapter as jaap put it...