let's see your R

martin

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New to me - an excellent condition R7 from Dan Tamarkin. The Summicron came from KEH and was bought for my A7, also for this digital have come a 60 macro a 35-70/4 and an 80-200/4. I couldn't resist getting a film body to use them on, as well as the Sony.

Shac,

I happen to have exactly your lenses, except for the 35-70/4, I have the 28-90 ASPH. Anyway, at the moment I use the R's on a 5DII, but I am from time to time considering the A7r. How happy are you with that combo, I wonder. Thanks,

Paul

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Shac,

I happen to have exactly your lenses, except for the 35-70/4, I have the 28-90 ASPH. Anyway, at the moment I use the R's on a 5DII, but I am from time to time considering the A7r. How happy are you with that combo, I wonder. Thanks,

Paul

Paul - I use them on the A7 and am very happy with them. Not sure if I mentioned earlier but now my R collection is the R-only version of the 50 Summicron, a 60 Macro, 90 Elmarit (version 2) the 35-70/4, and the 80-200/4. The only downside is the size-weight. The image quality however, is of course excellent. I use the Novoflex adapter often with the tripod collar they sell. But with the 80-200 I have a Chinese-made tripod collar that was made for the Canon zoom lens. That works fine, except I had to cut off the red dot:eek:

Hope this helps if not PM me

Cheers

David

Paul - I use them on the A7 and am very happy with them. [...]

Cheers

David

David, thanks, it is helpful.

By the way, that 80-200/4 is a miracle. Photos taken with the lens attached on an old Canon 40D (1.6x cropping factor) at effective 320mm are unbelievably sharp with excellent colors. And we are talking about a 10MP sensor, so I imagine what the A7 produces.

Paul

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
David, thanks, it is helpful.

By the way, that 80-200/4 is a miracle. Photos taken with the lens attached on an old Canon 40D (1.6x cropping factor) at effective 320mm are unbelievably sharp with excellent colors. And we are talking about a 10MP sensor, so I imagine what the A7 produces.

Paul

The Vario Elmar is fantastic. I use it on an old Nikon D700:

7102502223_4f39f9c6bd_c.jpg

702_2936-redux by famsor, on Flickr

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

My two DMRs - R8 & R9 - trusty sidekicks since 2006. Seen here with a 50 'cron and an 80 'lux.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 15

• 1 month later...
My Leicaflex SL2 mot .......................

Lovely camera beautifully photographed.

Here's my SL2 . . .

16348849545_1c09771113_c.jpg1975 Leicaflex SL2 with 50 Summilux by JBAdams, on Flickr

. . . And one of my photos shot with this camera & lens that LFI chose for its 100 years of Leica edition.

3944951214_d4a90a179f_z.jpgPink Cadillac, Harajuku, Tokyo by JBAdams, on Flickr

• Like 3