Let's see some panoramas with the M10

nodrog

On 10/20/2021 at 3:29 AM, nodrog said:

Another cropped pano, this one from 2011, taken in Kanda, Tokyo

M9 + 35mm Summicron v4

Nodrog, please stop to post photos taken with Cron 35mm IV.😅 I'm falling in love with its rendering... But I must realize and admit that those photos are great mostly because of your knowledge regarding color science and abundance of photographic skills.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

ZM21/2.8, 2 shots the Bridge at Ponte da Barca, Portugal

(yeah I'm not very good at panos!)

• Like 7

Ok I thought I'd have another crack at a pano, I could see myself using it more frequently... well if I ever learn to do it without it looking a bit shit...

Probably better than the one I posted yesterday.... this one is 4 shots, summarit 35, wide open ISO 6400!

In case you're wondering.... my kid had a birthday party to attend today and it turned out to be in this really old, really big building with some of the fixtures and fittings being very old! It was very cool!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Testing the panorama crop with the M10R and Tele-Elmar 135/4. I think this combo has potential.

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Had another crack at a pano... 4 shots this time (lux 50 asph)

• Like 1

A horizontal pano of four images at the Dyrhólaey Lighthouse in Iceland taken with my M10 and 50mm Summicron Collapsible.

1/180 sec | f/11 | iso 200

Edited by sboyle92
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

The Lafayette (California) Reservoir on a cloudy day. Six-shot stitched pano. M10M, Summicron 28mm, orange (maybe red) filter (don't remember). 

• Like 15

• 2 weeks later...

Broken record that I am, I was here again tonight to catch the sunset at the local riverside. Nice cloud formations. 

M10R + 28 Elmarit ASPH

• Like 12

• 8 months later...

I have not tried stacking images vertically before, but here I only had a 50mm and I only saw a small part of the church in the viewfinder. I took four pictures in a square and merged in LR.

M10 / 50 Summilux v3

• Like 7

Barrio Puxet, Barcelona

90mm Macro-Elmarit-M

• Like 1

• Like 5

I just got back from a trip to the redwoods of northern California. One of my favorite images of the forest is a panorama. It was not an easy image to create. The forests a are very dark. I needed to increase the ISO a lot most of my time. The pictures that I used to make my panorama were shot at 25,000 ISO using my M10-R. That is very high and there was a lot of noise. Here is the panorama. If you are interested in more detail on how I processed the ten images to create the pan, look here:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4701853

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

M10-R with my 35FLE at Valley of Fire State Park

• Like 4

Thankyou to all the contributors of this thread, the panos are wonderful, This thread has inspired me to go with a single lens M10-R on my next tour. 

I've been experimenting with either the 50APO or 35FLE with the merge function in LR6.14 to create my pano-dng.

I am finding that the merged output files (pano-dng) are susceptible to the exposure variations of the input files (dng), even though the merged shots were captured within seconds and with the same #f and ISO.

Is there any software that will load the input files side-by-side and allow the user to perform side-by-side image development to match the exposures to generate a more evenly merged (stitched) output file ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dugby said:

I am finding that the merged output files (pano-dng) are susceptible to the exposure variations of the input files (dng), even though the merged shots were captured within seconds and with the same #f and ISO.

Perhaps you just forgot to mention it, but of course you also have to lock the exposure time, to ensure a completely equal exposure on all the images.

You should also remember to stop down enough to avoid vignetting as much as possible, as this will be visible in the image joints.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb dugby:

Is there any software that will load the input files side-by-side and allow the user to perform side-by-side image development to match the exposures to generate a more evenly merged (stitched) output file ?

I don’t use LR anymore, as my old version does not run on my MacBook, so I can’t make a direct comparison now with capture one that I use now. But it is my experience with C1 so far that the software automatically adapts for different exposures when stitching. The result looks like a single shot photo, even though the exposures were different.

The question is however: how does C1 squeeze the different exposures into the limited dynamic range of x bits? 🤔 I suppose that using exposures as identical as possible could be advantageous in said respect.

2 hours ago, Robert Blanko said:

I don’t use LR anymore, as my old version does not run on my MacBook, so I can’t make a direct comparison now with capture one that I use now. But it is my experience with C1 so far that the software automatically adapts for different exposures when stitching. The result looks like a single shot photo, even though the exposures were different.

The question is however: how does C1 squeeze the different exposures into the limited dynamic range of x bits? 🤔 I suppose that using exposures as identical as possible could be advantageous in said respect.

I encountered unexpected automatic adjustments by LR6.14 with the two DNGs I selected for merging to create the new pano-DNG. Initially one DNG displays the sky brighter than the other.

LR6.14 seems to have adjusted the bright sky image down a little and also adjusted the darker sky image to be slightly brighter than each of the original DNGs - totally unexpected. However in the resulting pano-dng I could still observe the different exposures of each image, typically at the merge junction of the sky.