Peter Turnley’s Impression of the Leica M11-P

Bgood

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Peter Turnley on Instagram:

As many of you may have recently read-I recently acquired a new Leica M11-P camera. I don’t really like to speak much about cameras-and actually do really believe that if I saw a moment that moves me-I could frame it with ancient Brownie probably about as well as with the most modern camera.

But-it is a joy to walk with this new camera that responds quickly in all light conditions and the speed with which I can see, feel, perceive and frame, offers my senses the thought and confidence I can communicate spontaneous mood, well, and in ways I’d never want to try to describe.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Bgood said:

Peter Turnley on Instagram:

As many of you may have recently read-I recently acquired a new Leica M11-P camera. I don’t really like to speak much about cameras-and actually do really believe that if I saw a moment that moves me-I could frame it with ancient Brownie probably about as well as with the most modern camera.

But-it is a joy to walk with this new camera that responds quickly in all light conditions and the speed with which I can see, feel, perceive and frame, offers my senses the thought and confidence I can communicate spontaneous mood, well, and in ways I’d never want to try to describe.

Yes, and using it with his trusty 35 lux 🙂 that has experienced and photographed a few things (shown here on his M10). 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by RMF
  • Like 3

On 5/28/2024 at 1:43 AM, RMF said:

Yes, and using it with his trusty 35 lux 🙂 that has experienced and photographed a few things (shown here on his M10). 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

There should be a service that can age our M cameras and lenses so that one looks more professional 😉.

4 minutes ago, SrMi said:

There should be a service that can age our M cameras and lenses so that one looks more professional 😉.

I can provide that service for a fee. I promise the waits will not be 7 months - 2 years like other Leica services, but maximum 2-3 weeks, which is like a day in Leica universe. My results are guaranteed to look at least like Pete Turnley's in post #3. Service open for all levels of users.

• Haha 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

36 minutes ago, Al Brown said:

I can provide that service for a fee. I promise the waits will not be 7 months - 2 years like other Leica services, but maximum 2-3 weeks, which is like a day in Leica universe. My results are guaranteed to look at least like Pete Turnley's in post #3. Service open for all levels of users.

Show us examples of your work 🤣.

The photo I posted of Peter’s 35 Lux made me rethink the protective advantages of Lux FLE v1 hood compared to the flimsy FLE v2 implementation. My little FLE only dreams of what Peter’s lens has seen and photographed 🙂