WATE M lens on the SL2-s

jimleicam3

I use the MATE and tried my friends WATE for a couple of Weeks if that helps, its a Great Combo. I tried the WATE on my SL2S and the Construction beats the MATE and is a Delight to use from Indoors to Wide Portraits. The only Limitation is the F Stop but for a Wide Lens only the Camera Body is effected and the SL2S shoots beautifully on High ISO. I would recommend it as the 21APO seems to be delayed.

Only reason I didn't get One is Because I Prefer Zeiss Wide Lenses 15,21,25 Distagon and Biogon but that's a preference since I use Different Bodies and need some Speed on Older Ones especially Film.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Tom B:

I am using it on a SL2. It's good, small and useful - but no Apo....

Perhaps an example to show the not-APO property?

Wide open or wide angle or .....

Edited by jankap

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

SL 35 Apo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I recently compared two samples of WATE vs 18 and 21mm M primes on the M11 and on SL2.

In the Corners the 18 and 21 M SEM are better/sharper tha the WATE, but of course the wate offers 3 focal lengths in one.

Personally I decided to sty with 18 and 21mm primes therefore, which also have the advantage of faster f-stop.

The SL-16-35 is also sharper in the corners than the wate in my experience, but its quite big.

The lens I bring most often in UWA range is the 21 SEM - small and great IQ.

I have the WATE and an SL2, and an M-P (240). The lens works just fine on the SL2. Still, I prefer to use it with the M; I tend to focus with the rangefinder and frame with my EVF2 viewer. Of course, the SL2 produces a much larger file, which may or may not be that useful depending on the print size. I suspect that the resulting file from the M-P or an SL2s would be just about identical in normal light, but the SL2s would make for better low light results. 
Exact focusing using the SL does mean opening the aperture to f/4 and once focused closing down to the desired aperture, and since the DOF is quite large at any aperture getting spot on focus can be somewhat difficult.