Inverted images in Capture One

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I was out shooting a couple of days ago and took about 150 images which I then imported into Capture One on my iPad Pro. Almost all were fine but the final 10-15 images were all inverted. I was using an M11 and no change of profile or lens during the shooting and all images imported at the same time. Many (not all) were JPEGs as the iPad refused to import the DNG files for some images. Some other images which the iPad had imported only as JPEGs were the right way up. All are the right way up when reviewing on the rear camera screen. Anyone else had this happen? It’s not a big deal as it’s only two clicks of a button to rotate them the right way up. 

I’m using Capture One for Ipad (not with M11, and only DNG), have not seen your issue. (And no other issues when importing from SD card, or direct from SL, or when shooting thethered)

Try to find root cause, do the files get correct rotation info when captured? (Check with exiftool)

If correct then you can ask C1 support, they have been quick to answer my questions. (And C1 for Ipad is still young, so may have bugs)

If you also have C1 for PC or Mac, do you have same results there?

And for the jpg’s, they should be rotated correctly in any viewer.

Thanks all, I’ll raise with C1. I don’t have my laptop with me at the moment so can’t check if it happens on the full version. When I imported straight into the iPad Files without going through C1, the images were in the right orientation so it sounds like a C1 issue. 

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just saw this for the first time today myself with my M11.. I'm using Capture One. If we're seeing it across C1 and LR, I think this may be a bug on Leica's side.. FWIW, I'm on FW 2.01. Desktop (mac ultra), no mobile device involved... unless it's reading the orientation of a phone / ipad via Leica Fotos app.. but that would be strange.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by nameBrandon

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I recently had this same issue.  I have been shooting my M11 and using CaptureOne since the M11 launch and had never seen this.  What I found strange was that only a set of photos in the middle of my shoot were inverted.  The shoot spanned a few hours as I walked around a natural setting.  I am assuming that the set of inverted photos most likely occurred after a period the camera powered down then up, either automatically or manually.  That is the only thing I can think of relating to this shoot, as I had no lens changes, etc.

This represents about dozen of inverted photos out of about 5000 photos that I have taken with the camera.

I do not understand why and I have not seen it since...