... 30 seconds ... (Mallory)

Guest agnoo

Thanks for all your comments. It was a stress the last days, many, many films, no time and a cold ;-( Now only 2 rolls of Scala left to scan, then - after a week maybe - i can go on with color (E-100GX and some Velvia 100new). Two weeks of holiday with my M always means 2 weeks of scanning. No chance to change that dramatically with the M8, which also needs 1 or 2 weeks of screening and RAW-converting after such a trip (you make more shots with it, compared to slidefilm!).

William is a clever guy, shooting on CN and having a perfect pro-lab with good old AGFA-machine (which seems to scan pretty good!) quick pleasure with the prints too, i think. But i´ll always need my slides for wintertime - no beamer can do it like my Pradovit ;-)

btw. Something strange happened in my fridge: The stock of SCALAs dropped dramatically to ONLY ONE roll left. I think i should try to get 10 rolls from one of the remaining dealers.

Again, thank you, glad to see, that you survived another "vintage-look"-attack ;)

Cheers, Ron

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have to disagree about RAW files and digital, it's a different way of working IMHO. You can review the RAW files in a suitable browser - I use iVIew Media Pro - and only convert the ones that interest you. I find I save a _lot_ of time compared to shooting film.

Steve,

i work both ways and for me the screening seems to be faster with slides - in a certain way. Scanning is a different question ;)

I´ll tell you later, why.

I have to disagree about RAW files and digital, it's a different way of working IMHO. You can review the RAW files in a suitable browser - I use iVIew Media Pro - and only convert the ones that interest you. I find I save a _lot_ of time compared to shooting film.