What's the largest M10 Monochrom print you have made?

mediumformula

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 4/24/2022 at 8:57 PM, Jeff S said:

This has informed (and humbled) my own shooting and printing experience and standards, both with film and digital. I now find a 17 inch printer more than sufficient, and valued as much for ink cartridge economies as for print size capability.

Jeff, are you referring to a 17x22?  If so, I like a variety of sizes, with 17x22 the largest.  It gives me a great view at arms length, and doesn’t fill up a wall entirely…. 

10 minutes ago, davidmknoble said:

Jeff, are you referring to a 17x22?  If so, I like a variety of sizes, with 17x22 the largest.  It gives me a great view at arms length, and doesn’t fill up a wall entirely…. 

David, my P800 prints up to 17 inch on one side.  Technically it could print extremely wide, say a panorama, with the roll paper feed option, which I don’t own.  But, like you, I print single sheets, the biggest 17x22, although typically smaller.  I like smallish prints, depending on what size best suits the pic.  I do my own custom matting and framing, so the actual image size is always smaller than the paper size, allowing for window mat overlap.

Jeff

• Like 1

M10M with the remake 28 5.6 Summaron we have a professionally enlarged photograph in our living room at 40"X60" and you can stand right up to it and the resolution, contrast and clarity are remarkable. I am discovering that the larger I print with clean files from this camera the more I like and appreciate the images. I also find the results from Leica's older lens designs seem to me to make for more dramatic and interesting enlargements. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, insideline said:

….. at 40"X60" and you can stand right up to it and the resolution, contrast and clarity are remarkable. 

This is my experience of M10M files to 60x40” too. I really like how charmingly the M10M can capture so much detail, and just how clear but also “unprocessed” the prints look at 60”. Personally I consistently prefer the rendering off my M10M to my GFX100S files.

Your comment about older design lenses is interesting, I’m currently using quite the opposite (Voigtlander 50mm APO Lanthar and M 75mm Summarit), but ought to try out some older designs too. Even if I don’t go down the route of very old lenses, I can imagine something like the Mandler 50mm Summicron v5 could be a nice blend of resolution and gentleness on the M10M.

Edited by Jon Warwick

A few years ago I did a gallery exhibition of 32 20"x 30" metal prints shot with my M9M. The opening was attended by quite a few professional photographers and there were numerous raves in the comment book about the image quality. I have no doubt that images from the M10M would hold up extremely well to 40" x 60". I agree with the notion that prints don't have to be large to have great impact but gallery owners generally encourage large prints because they like to make money and big prints usually command higher prices.  The exception, of course, would be prints made by famous photographers. 

Edited by fotografr