My new Leica M10 Monochrom (newly bought)

oeksen37

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have several times after my acquisition of the above, randomly, noticed SHUTTER LOCK DOWNS...however, it’s not regularly. Have tried change of battery as well as change of SD-card/brand, at the latest I use a 64MB “LEXAR” 100....all of it in vain. Would be grateful for any feedback from potential users of this camera, in particular if such have experienced similar behaviour of their M10 Monochrom - Also any advice form other side which may solve the problem is most welcome, thanks. Per-

Hi! What firmware are you on? Though even with the most recent firmware, the Monochrom runs into several issues. I for example can't use the Visoflex 020 properly. Also the timestamp is frequently reset. Also tried several batteries (#4) and several SD cards... All to no avail, so I am also desperately waiting for a firmware update

Thanks a lot for the above suggestions, however, I have already tried out the suggestions given - all to no avail...as to advices/suggestions in general, the problem is that not so many have bought this camera, being rather new on the marked in a limited number...this is my conclusion after having performed my own studies on Google etc...but again thanks for your feedback!

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Keith (M):

have you tried Main Menu / Reset Camera

Just gave this a try... let‘s see if it works. Do you use spot metering and/or the Visoflex 020 EVF?  Well yesterday I set the M to center weighted metering  - which socks - and did not use the EVF and the only issue I ran into was, that the timezone changed and the timestamp was set back by two hours.This happened several times before.

Edited by kegon

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Likaleica:

You need a new camera.  Exchange it like Jeff said.

Hmm, that‘s not so easy, if the errors occur randomly... I bet, as soon as I show up in the store, everything works fine... @oeksen37 Sorry for hijacking your thread 🙂

Edited by kegon

As a reminder, the M10 Monochrom and M10 series(except -D) are sharing a quite similar function and behavior on the touch screen.
After you take the picture, and if you preview the shot, you did not inhibit the preview function, there's a chance that your face(or nose) may trigger the preview screen again.
When it happened, the shutter lock-down automatically until you inhibit this feature by Tap(#2 half -down) on the shutter button or inhibit it via the PLAY button(#19).
FYR.

Edited by Erato
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

vor 47 Minuten schrieb Erato:

As a reminder, the M10 Monochrom and M10 series(except -D) are sharing a quite similar function and behavior on the touch screen.

True, I also own an M10-P and do not have issues with that one... As there is no possibility to deactivate the touchscreen and on the other hand I always need to put on my reading glasses to use it, I rarely activate the screen at all... I rather use the Visoflex 020 EVF if at all 😉 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, setuporg said:

Touch screen is a gimmick unnecessary on the M.  I felt absolutely no reason to upgrade from M10.  Quiet shutter on M10M is nice but I almost never actually use the touch screen.  Wish it could be deactivated by a menu option.

Are we related by chance?  I share the same opinion about my M10 and M10M =D

• Like 1