No M10-P support in Capture One 20

pklein

And here's an example.

It's easy to tell. Left is C12, right is C20. Underexposed, but shows well what the problem with the M10-D and C20 is.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

That green cast is very bad. What a shame. I sincerely hope they will correct this.

Although I like C1 a lot, this is a big disadvantage. I submitted a ticket for M10-P support. The answer was that they cannot comment on "IF OR WHEN" the camera will be supported. It has been forwarded, but it could well be that the M10-P might never get support.

• 1 month later...

Good news M10-P owners,

Since the CO 20.0.3 version, the M10-P is supported. It takes the M10 profile, which (as we already know) has the exact same sensor. Unfortunately, I had some issues after installing CO 20.0.3 on macOS 10.15.3. To everybody who didn't upgrade to Capture One 20.0.3 yet, please make sure you have made a back-up before.

For the M10-D it sadly still doesn't seem to work.

In the meantime I found a different easy fix I also sent to the Capture One support. Just edit the EXIF of the M10-D files, so that it reads "I'm a M10 file".
Capture One 20 then suddenly behaves the same as version 12. The files look perfect and no oversaturation / green cast is apparant. Since it's such an easy fix, I hope Phase One implements it quickly.

Here's the terminal lines for anybody using Mac and the EXIF tool to edit the files:

1) cd into the folder of your M10-D files.
2) use this command "exiftool -Model='Leica M10' -overwrite_original L100*"
3) enjoy beautiful colors in C1.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi there,

just tested it and sadly: No, not at all. Photos taken with sun-light are almost correct. Photos taken with artifical light (LED or tungsten) are a total mess.
My workaround of just writing model M10 to the photos still works.

What a shame.

On 1/28/2020 at 9:54 AM, Kamiel said:

I will do that too. I've heard that they physically need the camera to test it. If they cannot get hold of an M10-P, the wait continues.

I find it ridiculous that this running corporate fight between Phase One and Leica is still going on. It dates back to the DMR debacle and Leica being frustrated in their commercial interest in the company.

• Thanks 1

Phase One is an odd company.  The files from its cameras/backs can't be opened in Adobe software.  (You have to open them in Capture One and then save them as a .tif.  Then open the .tif in Lightroom/Photoshop.)  So Phase One must have long list of enemies.  But it is only their customers that suffer; so why would they care?

• 1 month later...

And a quick update. The last Capture One update finally fixed the Leica M10-D.

I no longer need to adjust the M10-D's files EXIF data to represent a usual Leica M10. No more color shifts etc. I'm finally a happy C1 customer again. 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2020 at 11:51 PM, Chris said:

And a quick update. The last Capture One update finally fixed the Leica M10-D.

I no longer need to adjust the M10-D's files EXIF data to represent a usual Leica M10. No more color shifts etc. I'm finally a happy C1 customer again. 🙂 

Do you know by any chance if that implies the M10P files too? Maybe you can see if it’s mentioned in the list explicitly.

Edited by otto.f