Leica Thumb Support

mdt2

Mdt2   The short answer...no it should not.  It should fit snugly.  You might send it back and get a replacement.  I have 2 Leica thumb supports...both are the same and fit snugly.  r/ Mark

PS...I am originally from Highland Heights.

Edited by LeicaR10
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, LeicaR10 said:

Mdt2   The short answer...no it should not.  It should fit snugly.  You might send it back and get a replacement.  I have 2 Leica thumb supports...both are the same and fit snugly.  r/ Mark

PS...I am originally from Highland Heights.

Thanks. Did you attend high school in Ohio? 

Hi fellow Buckeye (well, I'm a transplant, from Canada).  Yes, the fit should be snug.  Although this is after the fact, I opted for Thumbs Up for my Leicas.  They have a nice little one that has an adjustment regarding the snugness.  I tighten it just enough to  stay put, while being removable for my Visoflex 020.  In addition, I felt the ergonomics were nicer, versus the Leica model (sorry if this is blasphemous).   Go Bucks!!!

• Like 2

vor 11 Stunden schrieb StilettodudeQ:

Hi fellow Buckeye (well, I'm a transplant, from Canada).  Yes, the fit should be snug.  Although this is after the fact, I opted for Thumbs Up for my Leicas.  They have a nice little one that has an adjustment regarding the snugness.  I tighten it just enough to  stay put, while being removable for my Visoflex 020.  In addition, I felt the ergonomics were nicer, versus the Leica model (sorry if this is blasphemous).   Go Bucks!!!

I would second this. The ones from Thumbs Up are ergonomically better than the ones from Leica. I am using them on M9 and M10.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, mdt2 said:

Perhaps a rather "petty" question but will the adhesive used on the "Thumbie" mar the surface of the camera if removed?  

No.  I have used them on two M8's, an M9P, and an M240 and when I removed them to pass the cameras onto their next owners there was no damage to the surface and no residual adhesive left on the surface.  The adhesive tape is designed so that if rotational force is (deliberately) applied then the adhesive bonds between the surface and the tape fail and the Thumbie comes away in the hand.  It is important to stress that this does not occur during normal use of the Thumbie.

Pete.

@250swb

• Like 2

1 hour ago, farnz said:

No.  I have used them on two M8's, an M9P, and an M240 and when I removed them to pass the cameras onto their next owners there was no damage to the surface and no residual adhesive left on the surface.  The adhesive tape is designed so that if rotational force is (deliberately) applied then the adhesive bonds between the surface and the tape fail and the Thumbie comes away in the hand.  It is important to stress that this does not occur during normal use of the Thumbie.

Pete.

@250swb

Excellent. Thank you for the information. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, Mikewest said:

Hi!

Do you recommend the Leica or Match technical Ep-mxf thumbs up for the M10?

Thank you for your help!

I use the Leica thumb rest on my M10 and it's well-made, fits the hot-shoe perfectly, and the chrome matches the top deck perfectly but it was a little pricey. 

I used Thumbies on my M8, M9P, and M240 and having to take the Leica thumb rest out to put the Visoflex 020 into hot shoe still annoys me so I'm considering going to the Thumby for the M10 as well.

Pete.

Edited by farnz
  • Like 1