Meet up in Lacock Wiltshire

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Geoff Marshall said:

A Morgan should fit in nicely with the surroundings in Lacock 👍

Thanks Geoff.  But as it is bright yellow, it might get the same attention as that retired dentist's car in the village of Bibury a few years ago!  At least it is "prettier" than a Corsa (no offence to any Corsa owners!).

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Graham (G4FUJ) said:

Thanks Geoff.  But as it is bright yellow, it might get the same attention as that retired dentist's car in the village of Bibury a few years ago!  At least it is "prettier" than a Corsa (no offence to any Corsa owners!).

Doesn’t offend me, I drive a very fast and sometimes scary Mini Cooper S 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My everyday car is a non-S, i.e. just a Cooper.

Quick enough, with fewer of the reliability issues of the S and JCW (reading various forums and road tests).  Been a good little commuter plus a short Highlands/Northumberland holiday cruiser.  My second MINI, I'd like another Clubman - some extra space (for photo kit! :) ).

For those that don't remember the Bibury car, BBC news item here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-38867290

According to Black + White Photography magazine, Fox Talbot Museum in Lacock Abbey is displaying until July 7th: "John Paul Evans explores the polemics of gender representation in photography.".

Make of that what you will.

Pete.

5 hours ago, Jimothy said:

Mini Cooper S with 10 inch wheels, a push button start and sliding windows???

No, my Mini is a 2 ltr with 17 inch wheels and more power than I like to use, scares me something rotten at times 🙂. Wouldn’t mind a classic Cooper S though, my brother had one when I was just a kid in almond green, loved that car. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, farnz said:

According to Black + White Photography magazine, Fox Talbot Museum in Lacock Abbey is displaying until July 7th: "John Paul Evans explores the polemics of gender representation in photography.".

Make of that what you will.

Pete.

I’ve seen some good exhibitions at the Abbey in the past but that one has got me stumped 😳, what time will you be getting to Chippenham for Pete then I can set a time for the meet up in Lacock. 

6 hours ago, Jimothy said:

Mini Cooper S with 10 inch wheels, a push button start and sliding windows???

A quick question for you Jim, I was wondering what you think about the Voigtlander 15mm you have, is it as good as all the reviews I’ve been reading as I have been thinking about adding one to my kit to use on digital and film M’s. ( did you sort out the colour fringing issue you had with the 240 )

Edited by Geoff Marshall

Geoff, the 15mm is a great little lens. I didn't do anything  about the fringing - i think its because I didn't select the right lens in the menu. TBH I haven't found it to be intrusive as its only at the edges of the frame. If you want to try it at the LTM meet I'll bring it with me.

• Like 1

I have mine coded as a 16mm Tri-Elmar - this way I know what lens I used when I open the images in Adobe Bridge - you can also search for them by this too.

When I open the images in Adobe Camera Raw, I choose the correct Voigtlander 15mm lens profile - don't choose Leica as a body, choose Voigtlander! Took me a while to figure that one out. Actually, I search for 16mm Tri-Elmar and use a "preset" (that's not the right name) specifically to use the correct lens profile and not much else. The rest is done manually.

Works really well for me

• Like 1

On 5/12/2019 at 11:14 PM, Geoff Marshall said:

No, my Mini is a 2 ltr with 17 inch wheels and more power than I like to use, scares me something rotten at times 🙂. Wouldn’t mind a classic Cooper S though, my brother had one when I was just a kid in almond green, loved that car. 

I bought a John Cooper Works Mini earlier this year and I haven't stopped smiling since.

• Like 2

Any idea what time we're going to meet Geoff as I can't decide whether to come down and stay Friday night, or drive there on Saturday morning and possibly stay Saturday night?

If people are staying Friday, or Saturday night we may be able to arrange dinner on one of the evenings. Just a thought.

4 hours ago, lanetomlane said:

Any idea what time we're going to meet Geoff as I can't decide whether to come down and stay Friday night, or drive there on Saturday morning and possibly stay Saturday night?

If people are staying Friday, or Saturday night we may be able to arrange dinner on one of the evenings. Just a thought.

Hi Tom

i was thinking about11.30 to 12 o’clock in Lacock, we could all meet in the car park or alternatively at the tearoom by the side of the public house across the road from the entrance to Lacock Abbey. Good choice of car by the way, my Cooper S has the John Cooper Works kit fitted but will probably be using my wife’s countryman for the trip down as it’s more space for the kitchen sink and everything else she likes to take with her 🙂 

Thought about staying, even though the village is only an hour away, but most places were pretty much fully booked and the prices had risen a fair bit since I last stayed (admittedly at a quieter time of year).

Stables tearoom sounds good. :swmbo: always favoured King Johns Hunting Lodge tearooms, but unless gathering in the garden there isn't a lot of space.

Edited by Graham (G4FUJ)