Meet up in Lacock Wiltshire

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, farnz said:

Mine's likely to be a Hitachi Class 800 IET at a wild guess.🤔

Pete.

Pete, I mentioned I could give you a lift from Chippenham station. If you still need it let me know what time your train arrives and I'll be outside the station.

Tom

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/12/2019 at 11:28 PM, Geoff Marshall said:

A quick question for you Jim, I was wondering what you think about the Voigtlander 15mm you have, is it as good as all the reviews I’ve been reading as I have been thinking about adding one to my kit to use on digital and film M’s. ( did you sort out the colour fringing issue you had with the 240 )

I will bring mine so you can try it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's looking doubtful that I'll be able to make the Lacock meeting. Sorry, Pete as I had offered you a lift from Chippenham Station, but I seem to remember that Geoff also offered, and so I hope it doesn't cause you too much inconvenience.

If I don't make it, I hope the weather (well at least the light) is good for you and that you all have an enjoyable day.

Cheers, Tom

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, lanetomlane said:

It's looking doubtful that I'll be able to make the Lacock meeting. Sorry, Pete as I had offered you a lift from Chippenham Station, but I seem to remember that Geoff also offered, and so I hope it doesn't cause you too much inconvenience.

If I don't make it, I hope the weather (well at least the light) is good for you and that you all have an enjoyable day.

Cheers, Tom

Sorry to hear it Tom, I can pick up Pete from the station so there’s no problem. 

2 hours ago, Geoff Marshall said:

If you let me know what time you will be in Chippenham for Pete I will pick you up at the station. 

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

That's very kind of you.  How does 10.45 sound?

Pete.

• Like 1

I think it's in the Stables cafe adjacent to the Red Lion on the main street

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, andybarton said:

I think it's in the Stables cafe adjacent to the Red Lion on the main street

Stables Cafe is probably the best place to meet up, not too sure about parking there though as it tends to fill up early, but there’s the car park on the outskirts of Lacock. 

Geoff

• Like 1

we were there in January and parked in the car park at the far end of High Street, down to the bottom right of the map above. We walked past the wall of the abbey and through the traffic management gate by the NT entrance.

• Like 1

We will aim to be there for 11-1130, traffic permitting.  I have decided to bring my convertible Merc as there will be some sunshine between tomorrow and Monday, and we're staying in the area until the start of next week. It's a nostalgia trip for us; I was based at RAF Lyneham from 2000-2002, so it's old stamping ground.

Anyhow, look forward to meeting up with friends old and new tomorrow! Safe travels all.

• Like 4