Farewell to the 135 APO-Telyt-M

Tailwagger

Advertisement (gone after registration)

That's no reason to have a quick look through the viewfinder.

He is only blogging.

He is a photographer first. Not just that, but on his site there are about 15 reviews of digital Leicas, including the M10.

• Like 1

Which begs the question: misinformed or jumping the gun?

Or writing ahead and mistakenly activating the piece on the site.

Maybe the M11 will have no 135 framelines ;)

Yes - he owns/owned digital Ms.

I’m aware, but I don’t think that includes the M10. Lately, despite his sometimes use of digital, he’s been trashing digital (and a lot about Leica) and heaping praise on film.

Jeff

I’m aware, but I don’t think that includes the M10. Lately, despite his sometimes use of digital, he’s been trashing digital (and a lot about Leica) and heaping praise on film.

Jeff

http://photo.imx.nl//camera/styled-56/

Here is his basic take on film-digital, taken from his May 2018 blog:

I use both technologies and select the one that is best for my purpose. It is as with classical cars: for normal traffic and holidays you are well advised to select a modern car with an efficient engine and lost of electronic assistants that make life on the road when driving much easier and safer (presumably!). When you wish to experience the road and the enthusiasm of driving nothing is better than a classic British two-seat tourer.

I tend to agree. At the moment my daily commute is by my 1963 TR4 :) :)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

http://photo.imx.nl//camera/styled-56/

Here is his basic take on film-digital, taken from his May 2018 blog:

I tend to agree. At the moment my daily commute is by my 1963 TR4 :) :)

tr4.jpg

I’ve read all his posts and you’ve selected a benign section... and a report from a year ago. He has since vigorously vented against digital, with extremely negative sentiment even toward Leica. Very different tone. He owns some Ms, film and digital, but I don’t think that includes the M10 or recent digital iteration, which was my point. He may just not recall the current frame line configuration.

Jeff

I’ve read all his posts and you’ve selected a benign section... and a report from a year ago. He has since vigorously vented against digital, with extremely negative sentiment even toward Leica. Very different tone. He owns some Ms, film and digital, but I don’t think that includes the M10 or recent digital iteration, which was my point. He may just not recall the current frame line configuration.

Jeff

I've selected his most recent blog post. I only skimmed it I must admit, it was a bit verbose for my taste. ;) However it was not polarizing against digital at all.

I've selected his most recent blog post. I only skimmed it I must admit, it was a bit verbose for my taste. ;) However it was not polarizing against digital at all.

Read the last few months. I think he’s on meds,

Jeff

I have no idea the reasons for Puts' error(s) but am not wowed by the cryptic and not so cryptic criticisms of him. Over the years he has provided all of us a great wealth of Leica information, most of which we were unable to discern for ourselves. Thanks ever so much  Erwin. Regards, Ron

Edited by Ronazle
  • Like 9

Over the years he has provided all of us a great wealth of Leica information .....

Which is why this is a bit of a puzzle. His comments may not suit everyone but his factual stuff is usually pretty good.

• Like 1

I have no idea the reasons for Puts' error(s) but am not wowed by the cryptic and not so cryptic criticisms of him. Over the years he has provided all of us a great wealth of Leica information, most of which we were unable to discern for ourselves. Thanks ever so much  Erwin. Regards, Ron

"Over the years" seems to be long ago 

I have been constantly recommending his publications here - until I bought the "Leica Compendium". There were so many details in this book  completely contradicting his own earlier publications or many other sources or just being obviously wrong that I lost confidence.

Since then he went on with his style of factual statements which were "unbased" - to say the least. (The M10-sensor being the same as the SL-sensor, the new 1:2.4-series of Summarit lenses having a new optical design etc.)

There are enough sites around who don't pretend being "philosophical" - but which are just spreading rumors.

I don't need another one - even if it decorates itself with a name from the past of Leica's history.-