Availability?

dennersten

On Thursday, decided to get the M10. Made a few phone calls and I will receive my Silver M10 on Monday. I have also sold my SL and 24-90 zoom, great equipment but I don't have a need for it as I prepare for retirement. My 28mm, 50mm and 90mm is all I need. I no longer want to be a lens collector.

• Like 1

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

I can understand getting rid of the 24-90 terrible lens. But a mistake getting rid of the SL........ your going to miss it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can understand getting rid of the 24-90 terrible lens. But a mistake getting rid of the SL........ your going to miss it

I guess I must have gotten one of the rare good 24-90 lens.... :)  :)

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I guess I must have gotten one of the rare good 24-90 lens.... :):)

Unfortunately not....... but as long as your happy with it that's all that matters :)

I am sorry I mentioned the SL in my post. It was more to let folks know that the are Leica Dealers in areas where people are not lining up to spent $6,600 on a camera. I learned this when I was shooting with Canon and the 1Ds or the new 5Ds were announced, found them in Texas and Georgia not B&H.

I am sorry I mentioned the SL in my post. It was more to let folks know that the are Leica Dealers in areas where people are not lining up to spent $6,600 on a camera. I learned this when I was shooting with Canon and the 1Ds or the new 5Ds were announced, found them in Texas and Georgia not B&H.

Are you saying that we Texans (and Georgians) are too poor to afford a Leica? ;)

I landed an M10 in a very large US city, at least a month before they predicted that they would receive a shipment, but your point is well taken in terms of London, NYC, Paris, etc.

Still, BH took care of my when I made a mistake in cancellation of my multiple item order, had M10 lenses in stock, and continues to impress with decent customer service and some nice policies. All things considered, worthy of a lot of my business.

I think that the multiple order phenomenon may be responsible for freeing up a slew of cameras lately. It's sort of a ripple effect at customers finally receive an M10 and cancel their other orders.

Good for all of us.

No offense to Texas since my dad was from El Paso and I was born on the other side of the Rio Grande. My wife and I will be taking a few trips there this fall to scout for retirement. No offense to Georgia. I think I will return to the FM forum, I can't win today.

Edited by waterman1
  • Like 1

They sell a lot of them here.

Two dealers I know of are very well thought of.

They sell a lot of them here.

Two dealers I know of are very well thought of.

I would go to Austin more often if it did not take so long by horseback...... :lol:  Just kidding waterman1. We retired to Fredericksburg TX and it is a great area but no Leica dealer locally.

No offense to Texas since my dad was from El Paso and I was born on the other side of the Rio Grande. My wife and I will be taking a few trips there this fall to scout for retirement. No offense to Georgia. I think I will return to the FM forum, I can't win today.

Oh I'm just kidding. I live in Texas, but am not from here. The locals don't quit trust "outsiders", and still give me those "looks". :)

I would go to Austin more often if it did not take so long by horseback...... :lol: Just kidding waterman1. We retired to Fredericksburg TX and it is a great area but no Leica dealer locally.

What????

No Leica Boutique in Fredericksburg???

Maybe Johnson City has one.

If you get a Starbucks maybe Leica will be right behind?

At least there's peaches and wine.

Its a possible indicator, I suppose, but likely still substantial lead time long. We've had dozens and dozens of Starbucks around here forever.  The Leica only arrived in Boston within the last year.  Worth the wait though.  

Its a possible indicator, I suppose, but likely still substantial lead time long. We've had dozens and dozens of Starbucks around here forever.  The Leica only arrived in Boston within the last year.  Worth the wait though.  

Since we are only about 10,000 population it would be a miracle to get either. We do have a couple of nice coffee shops.