Availability?

dennersten

Has anyone received an M10 from B&H lately? Hoping for updates and hoping for a new camera before a trip in September.

Nope, just got my 5th or 6th "still back ordered" email today from B&H on  myM10 order of March 3rd. Talked to a B&H rep via phone - he was pretty unhappy with Leica, said B&H had talked with Germany and Leica could not tell them when more cameras would ship.

I've started calling around to find a black one in stock - this wait stuff is ridiculous.

I would hope you will have a camera by Sept. Living in the Great Gloomy Northwest I have lost quite a few sunny days waiting for my Leica.

Thanks for the updates. Hoping for a new one before my trip, but not counting on it. I've spoken to our local rep at Houston Camera Exchange as well - he's not happy with Leica either. Poor communication seems to be at the root of the problem. 

Nope, just got my 5th or 6th "still back ordered" email today from B&H on  myM10 order of March 3rd. Talked to a B&H rep via phone - he was pretty unhappy with Leica, said B&H had talked with Germany and Leica could not tell them when more cameras would ship.

I've started calling around to find a black one in stock - this wait stuff is ridiculous.

I would hope you will have a camera by Sept. Living in the Great Gloomy Northwest I have lost quite a few sunny days waiting for my Leica.

I ordered in mid-February and still haven't received mine. They did send me the extra battery and Visoflex 02 that I ordered with the camera.

I've visited BH in NYC several times since March. The sales reps (at their long counter) who are familiar with the current Leica situation essentially told me to look elsewhere if you wanted a camera in anything close to a reasonable time. 

Did exactly that, camera in hand within a month of ordering, and cancelled my BH order. Had them ship some other goodies that I had on order however. Decent folks, they just aren't getting much love from Leica. 

Suggest you look around a bit if your situation warrants.

Imagine the sale dollars B&H is missing out on. Tough stuff. Can't be a good relationship at the moment. I wonder if Adorama ever made any headway?

Or perhaps the sales dollars the Leica is missing out on. "It will be six months until we get any Leica stock in from Germany, have you seen the new Sony a9, etc, etc?"

Or perhaps the sales dollars the Leica is missing out on. "It will be six months until we get any Leica stock in from Germany, have you seen the new Sony a9, etc, etc?"

I'd say Leica is not missing out on anything. They are presumably at max production and every single unit is being shipped and sold, and I don't think they are in any meaningful way competing with Sony. 

Companies like B&H get a higher proportion of M10 orders based on their name, history, ease of website, etc. They invest heavily to give customers an easy, confident shopping experience. But they are at the mercy of Leica production, logistics, and dealer policies. It's a hard balance trying to reward B&H for being a kick ass online store and trying to be judicial (and fulfill contractual agreements) to all the other dealers. B&H is ultimately losing potential profit by losing preorders to other dealers.

It also looks good on Leica's balance sheet to have steady demand all year or more. They just built a new facility recently. I think they're delaying production on purpose because of that and to offload more m240's. The m10 is great by the way. Getting a second one to sell and make money on.

I'd say Leica is not missing out on anything. They are presumably at max production and every single unit is being shipped and sold, and I don't think they are in any meaningful way competing with Sony. 

Companies like B&H get a higher proportion of M10 orders based on their name, history, ease of website, etc. They invest heavily to give customers an easy, confident shopping experience. But they are at the mercy of Leica production, logistics, and dealer policies. It's a hard balance trying to reward B&H for being a kick ass online store and trying to be judicial (and fulfill contractual agreements) to all the other dealers. B&H is ultimately losing potential profit by losing preorders to other dealers.

That's true, Leica is selling everything they can produce. Because production is limited, they are losing total sales as people look elsewhere. Their answer? Raise prices.

German high end marketing is weird.

I started this mammoth thread when i ordered the 19:th January. Still no camera. I ordered from Goecker in Copenhagen. Has anybody got any M10 from a Nordic dealer yet? 

I feel for you. I ended up getting a camera out of Germany. I am glad you started this thread. I check it everyday, multiple times, even since getting my M10.

• Like 1

I started this mammoth thread when i ordered the 19:th January. Still no camera. I ordered from Goecker in Copenhagen. Has anybody got any M10 from a Nordic dealer yet? 

Ugh. Sorry to hear that!

I think that all M10 owners should boycott taking pictures with their cameras until yours is delivered. That'll bring Leica to their knees... ;)

I don't get why leica just doesn't sell directly worldwide off there website. Seems like it would solve a lot of issues, especially with dealers being upset about not getting any new m10's. Apple and other modern companies sell directly off there website first and then later dump product in stores.