Availability?

dennersten

If you guys are still waiting on M10, you can go the route I went - ordered from Leica Dubai as suggested by Magic. Got it in 3 weeks. I paid overall about $200 more for customs release and import charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, has anyone called Glazer's in Seattle? Talk to them, and anyone else that you can think of, about how their "list" works. I was waiting on BH's list as well, but after talking to them in person several times, I got the drift that they were recommending that I also list elsewhere. Quite magnanimous and forthright of them, and they actually came up with some recommendations.

In the interest of keeping you all motivated. The M10 is my first Leica. Finally getting out a little for a few initial shots. Worth the wait and the money. Didn't think that I'd be swayed by the hype, but this thing is impressive.

Hope you all are blessed with deliveries soon. Hang tough.

Edited by Foxtwo
  • Like 1

Well I am pleased to say I can leave this thread behind...I hope all those waiting get their hands on one soon...

I must say I found it real hard work to get hold of an M10 in the UK, I have been on a waiting list since early March, and in that time I had moved from 22nd to 15th. My M-E was looking like it might have to be sent away for a sensor repair so I was looking at a good 3-4 months of being cameraless..

...this prompted me to get a little more proactive...I think clifton cameras told me they had no wait list now on the silver and just a £5.00 refundable deposit, which might be a good shout if your in the UK and after Silver

My heart was set and black, so I used Leica's dealer locator and sent out 40/50 emails last sunday asking if anyone had any in stock and I found one in Paris which arrived today..

Good luck to everyone waiting 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

ps sorry about the quality quick phone pic 

• Like 1

Since the wait of m10 is long, Leica delivers few cameras per store order, and I wanted one within a week, for a discount, and in black, this is what I did:

If you live outside the EU and really want an M10 you can make it happen and save some money.  I was able to get one from a leica licensed store in Europe within a week by offering to buy an additional lens and spend a total of just less than 10,000 dollars.  After the VAT return it's not far to what the cost would be in the US after tax, but with an additional lens (cheapest one i could get new at this particular store was 28 elmarit).  And, you could sell the additional lens and lower your cost to close to around $6000 after tax.  It's a little bit of a pain to call around and make "funny offers", but the dealer locator map on the leica website makes it easy to find the Leica registered stores and dealers in Europe are receptive.  They really will jump you to to the top of the list for this extra offer.  Just to exemplify this, there is a store called lcameras in inssbruck that is basically offering this deal online if you want a silver m10 (and have to buy an additional lens).   I wanted a black one so I had to call around, but within 4 stores i got a black one and was lucky enough to have someone in the country to take and the additional lens back to the states.  I'm not sure, but the lcamera website seems to deal with international shipping, but I cannot attest for this store at all, just am using it as an example for what I did over the phone with a different official leica dealer..  

Leica dealer loactor website: 

https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator

Zoom out and pick an EU country, i recommend Belgium, Austria, and Italy, but Germany is an obvious choice too.  

It's somewhat of an annoying way to get one, but you save some money, and it really took less than 4 days to seal the deal.

Also worth trying small shops that aren't camera dedicated.  I've heard about a watch shop in Germany on this forum that sells Leica's and I know the gagosian gallery shops sell them too.  That would have been my second strategy, they don't have official lists so make a friend and you could be #1.

Good luck to all those who are still looking.

-cq

Edited by Clare Quilty

This how it worked for me too. Bought the M10 together with the Summilux 50 and Elmarit 28 and was moved up the waitinglist. Ordered mid February, received it beginning of March.

Waiting lists are certainly not handled in order of joining at all dealers.

Edited by stephan54