10 years too late

ps am I going to buy a Leica G  no                          I got used to and enjoy the old Leica  21mm with a crop factor of 1.53  that in  between 28mm and 35mm

so that's it for this thread I guess all done and dusted

Edited by Imants

ps am I going to buy a Leica G  no                          I got used to and enjoy the old Leica  21mm with a crop factor of 1.53  that in  between 28mm and 35mm

so that's it for this thread I guess all done and dusted

Enjoy your Leica G, whatever that is, and I hope you find that it helps you with your indigestion.

Alan you sorta make up stuff about me the idiot caper  and now i have a stomach ailment

Yes I think you have permanent indigestion.   It is not necessary to be nasty to make your points.  In fact, there are valid points in what you say but they get lost in the intemperate tone.  Maybe you didn't use the word idiot but that is what you implied.  Now I am simply going to stop responding. 

Great  stuff from Leica but alas probably too late in the making  and will rarely be used to its full potential. The days of wide-angle street shooting are disappearing fast , we live in very suspicious societies that are camera shy but amazingly not smartphone shy. With the rise of selfies, instagrams, Facebook, this is my new baby photos,  DIY journalism ( or better known as dob in a neighbor) dog and cat photos we no longer feel threatened  having our images posted on the net via smartphones ........................... there is almost a pride aspect about it I think it is called narcissism :wub:

But when someone takes photos of our child, ones self, friends and foes etc with a  black (silence and stealth of a hungry junkyard dog )camera it is a different ball game, ......  hey!!!! why are you taking that photo ? You can't do that!!@@!##...... the  air of suspicion arises  especially if it is close up and in one's personal space.

.............................. yup they should have made a 28m smartphone with a articulated screen :p

i agree 101%, people is becoming paranoid, and it will be always worse...

28mm is the most popular focal length in the world, thanks to the iPhone.  The Q is chasing the next generation of Leica owners.

This product is the only way Leica is going to stay in business long after the last rangefinder camera owner, manual transmission driver and newspaper/magazine reader passes away. 

• Like 2

28mm is the most popular focal length in the world, thanks to the iPhone.  The Q is chasing the next generation of Leica owners.

This product is the only way Leica is going to stay in business long after the last rangefinder camera owner, manual transmission driver and newspaper/magazine reader passes away. 

Odd then that Leica made it with a shutter speed dial and aperture ring. Very much 'manual transmission/newspaper' way of doing things. 

The type of buyer you imply won't be interested in dials and stuff. 

Odd then that Leica made it with a shutter speed dial and aperture ring. Very much 'manual transmission/newspaper' way of doing things. 

The type of buyer you imply won't be interested in dials and stuff. 

There are throwbacks in there, but it's still a thoroughly modern camera - probably to the point of discomfort of the purists and traditionalists.  It's now a camera that allows manual control (for those that choose to).  Some will (esp. those that consume this on forums) but willing to bet most won't.  

Worth noting - Leica gear never shows up in tech blogs, Bloomberg, etc.  This one did.  They're going after a brand new segment that wouldn't have bought a Leica without the new necessities... which include an app, Wi-Fi, and the ability to set/forget.

Manual transmission driver? That is a very American remark...;)

• Like 1

We like our automatic cars .....

I've tried a couple and got bored with them (I'll admit that the cruise control was handy - wouldn't be so much here in the UK though) .... same goes for automatic cameras ;) .

I think what passes as 'street' photography today has got to have Winogrand tossing in his grave. Just hold that camera at hip level and toss off some A/AF mode pics (or hyper focus - wow aren't you smart!) of people walking and talking on their phones. So brave and artistic! Oh yeah, lets spend thousands on workshops so one knows exactly at what level of your hip the camera should be held. And congratulate each other on the nice 'captures' (question is does one capture and then release?) because that cell phone holder is walking through an interesting patch of light.

I've never been a street shooter and don't pretend to be. Not my bag. But I really think the Eric Kim's etc are doing a big disservice to a great legacy of work. No wonder it's becoming a dead art form. 

The Q looks like a fun camera but no idea what more it would do for me over my beat up M9 and 28 'cron. 

• Like 1