Leica Watch, Swiss made, more info, please

Anyway, if it was a bit sharper or shot from a bit closer up and if the hour hand was at another position, knowledgeable members could perhaps read what's written on the face and perhaps point you towards the manufacturer of your lovely item. If there were any markings on the back side, those might be helpful, too.

Made by Chrono:

References

There are many Leica watches out there. Various models by Swatch and Valbray amongst others exist as well.

One of the most interesting ones is the one they distributed in the 1960ies. Both the face and Incabloc movement are marked Leica, but it was supplied by Wakmann of New York, who probably had the watch made by Breitling or another reputed Swiss firm.

I’ve only seen photographs of it, but I believe one or two forum members own one.

Edited by jaapv

the only branding on the casework is the leica script below the 12 at the very bottom, the face says swiss made,

the back says:Chronograph

stainless steel

water resistant 50m

swiss made

I've been wearing it the past week -- it's beastly heavy - - haven't event had a chance to look through the paperwork that was in the box ---

the Leica branded watches are not to be confused with the leica watches of the 50's and 60's - different company... i removed a few links at work (did not remove the back of the watch which would tell me all kinds of stuff)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/neue-Leica-Swiss-Made-ETA-G10-211-21A-Chronograph-Uhr-Steel-Mens-Watch/161486824887?_trksid=p3693.c100102.m2452&_trkparms=aid%3D333008%26algo%3DRIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140212121249%26meid%3D072c53fed2e146e0bb80a6bf2c9225e1%26pid%3D100102%26prg%3D20140212121249%26rkt%3D4%26

here's the ebay link where i found it --- their photos are still visible

Edited by nikonosguy
forgot info

Made by Chrono:

References

There are many Leica watches out there. Various models by Swatch and Valbray amongst others exist as well.

One of the most interesting ones is the one they distributed in the 1960ies. Both the face and Incabloc movement are marked Leica, but it was supplied by Wakmann of New York, who probably had the watch made by Breitling or another reputed Swiss firm.

I’ve only seen photographs of it, but I believe one or two forum members own one.

the incabloc watches have nothing to do with leica --- they were railroad watches, i bought one and resold it --- the logos are different, the type is different -- hard to find documentation, but i've done it in the past

Except...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Incabloc is not a brand; it is a specific type of shockproof jeweled movement that was used by a large number of makers. For instance I have very nice Baume gold watch, engraved by Rolls Royce for forty year employee.

The parts are still made by Incabloc SA :

Incabloc shock absorbers: double cone, single cone and Novodiac

Edited by jaapv

the only branding on the casework is the leica script below the 12 at the very bottom, the face says swiss made,

the back says:Chronograph

stainless steel

water resistant 50m

swiss made

That would indicate it's an ETA 2474 ETA made calibres for many well-known houses and also independent houses. They were bought by Swatch and IIRC were going to be limited to producing only for Swatch-owned houses (which include many, Omega for one). Many of the non-Swatch houses have been using Sellita for several years, who produce calibres almost identical to the various ETA's.

Edited by bocaburger