50 APO In Stock

LeicaPassion

OK, i try to help.

My brand new apo summicron suffers from something, i can very faintly ear a " ding " when running the distance ring.

Seems the sound of a metal spring coming into vibration.

Slowly one ding and quickly two dings from infinity to minimum distance or reverse.

Second i have some problems in accuracy for setting distance i do not have with other lenses including the 50mm summilux asph.

Still trying to figure if this is linked to my eyes, cameras or related to the lens.

Sometimes i am spot on and others not, even when not in a hurry i thought i was " perfect "

Except that (wich may be my fault) this lens is truly fantastic.

Thanks guys I didn't know you have the build date on the test certificate. My lens SN 4235x has a build date of 2014/09/10. So how would you guys figure that one out :)

I examined my lens with an Obrira magnifying glasses under strong light for 30 minutes and am certain that it is absolutely 100% brand new. In fact it is the most brand new lens I have bought "new: from Leica.

According to Leica Mayfair, having finally supplied all those on their waiting list, they hope new 50 APO's will now trickle through in sufficient numbers to satisfy on going demand. They even had a demo lens there in store to show me, the first one I've actually seen 'in the flesh'.

• Like 1

According to Leica Mayfair, having finally supplied all those on their waiting list, they hope new 50 APO's will now trickle through in sufficient numbers to satisfy on going demand. They even had a demo lens there in store to show me, the first one I've actually seen 'in the flesh'.

I wonder if I was the last person in the world on a waiting list. Mine shipped today. :D

It is my understanding that the flare - prone lenses were returned to Leica by owners (some chose not to do so), modified and sent back to the owners. Accordingly Leica would only have defective parts from those lenses. It would make no sense to use them in a new production batch.

I see, I agree I do not know how the defective lenses are fixed so you might be right.

If the issue is according to some source the un-blackened part of some elements edge, it make sense from production speed perspective to remove it from a lens, put on a new one, and take time to re-blacken such element to be use on another lens.

Will this consider re-used parts or new? I don't know. :)

I wonder if I was the last person in the world on a waiting list. Mine shipped today. :D

A number of them must have just arrived in the States. I got my call on Monday. Put my name on the list June 30 so 4 months was a surprise. Another store where I have my name on their list said that I am way down.

I bought my 50 APO on 6/25/2013 and out of curiosity, I looked at the test certificate but it did not have a date on it. It would have been interesting. The dealer had indicated that they had the lens for a while and it was just by accident I was able to pick it up when I did. And I have not sent mine back for flare as I do not have the issue.

I took my new 50 APO for a test drive this morning, with my 240.

Amazing. Feeling a bit guilty about the price... wondering if I could have done this with the 50 1.4...

Those are wonderful photos with a great feeling to them. There is a very noticeable expertise in post processing. Just curious though, the photo with the wine bottles shows 9 aperture blades, I counted mine, and it has 11 aperture blades. Is it possible that there are 2 versions?

• Like 1

I took my new 50 APO for a test drive this morning, with my 240.

Amazing. Feeling a bit guilty about the price... wondering if I could have done this with the 50 1.4...

Please, everyone, tell me that the 50 1.4 would have done just as good a job. I already have the Lux and would very much like to be persuaded that getting an APO is a quite unnecessary extravagance. ;)

Edited by Jennifer