Leica Q3 Waitlist/Stock/Shipment

I noticed that there’s no FCC information on any Q3 documentation, there’s no FCC logo on the base plate in the unboxing videos for production units, and there’s no record of any FCC filing from Leica related to the Q3 either. This implies that the Q3 has not received FCC approval and Leica will not be able to import the camera into the US until the filing is complete. Presumably, they will also need to update any documentation and potentially even the laser etching on the base plate to include the FCC logo and other info once regulatory approval has been granted.

If this is the case, there will definitely be a delay in getting cameras into the US, and probably Canada, Australia and New Zealand as they have very similar filing processes.

Leica is able to ship within the EU because the regulatory process does not require filing to a regulatory agency like the FCC. Leica only needs to ensure their products has been tested, complies with EU regulations, and have the needed paperwork to prove that they’ve done their homework upon request by the EC authorities.

Edited by beewee
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, nariza7 said:

Oh dang, did you preorder today? That's super quick.

Yes. I've had some luck being one of the early ones.. I managed to get in on the first batch of orders for the X2D as well a while back. Probably a bit easier for some of these higher price-point items, vs say the Fuji X-T5 or something that has a larger user base.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nameBrandon said:

Yes. I've had some luck being one of the early ones.. I managed to get in on the first batch of orders for the X2D as well a while back. Probably a bit easier for some of these higher price-point items, vs say the Fuji X-T5 or something that has a larger user base.

Brandon, what time this morning did you order from B&H? I ordered at 9:49 EDT. I'm in back order status and they're closed now for holiday until Sunday.

Edited by goodbokeh
more info added.

11 minutes ago, mhasman said:

Yep. Never purchased from them before. 

I love Dan and Ernie and that store, but unless you're in their inner circle, you'll be waiting a while for anything new. Plus, you're paying sales tax, which gets painful after a while. I do use them for used lenses, good warranty, and they stand behind their gear. 6 months is probably accurate if you go through them.

• Like 1

Placed my order with BH this morning, 

LA Leica said they are currently going down the waitlist , around 20 in stock but they are being bought up. 

Samy LA had two, already reserved. Pasadena for some reason said it wasnt released yet. 

I need a back up for my Sl2S, I wasnt a fan of the Q2 iso performance so hopefully the Q3 will fit the bill. 

Probably going to sell the 35APO, 24-90 to cover the cost. 75 Apo SL2s and Q3 would make a decent event kit I think.

Just now, nameBrandon said:

9:15 Eastern was my confirmation email.

Wow, you beat me by 34 minutes. Well, you were the early bird so congratulations buddy. Who knows when I'll get mine but so it goes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goodbokeh said:

Wow, you beat me by 34 minutes. Well, you were the early bird so congratulations buddy. Who knows when I'll get mine but so it goes.

Thanks, I am pretty maniacal about pre-releases.. a useful tip, the search function at B&H gets updated last. They actually put a splash page up on the home page that will link you to the product. Their search is cached, and won't show any results for 5-10 minutes after they update the main splash page. So people refreshing the website with a search for "Q3" will be S-O-L.

I did get two other pre-orders in, one was canceled as they ran out of stock, one I haven't heard back on yet, but they took payment. I hate returning stuff to those little shops, I feel guilty, so will definitely sell the other one off at cost if it does actually ship. I'll give you a heads-up in you're interested when I find out more.

• Like 5