Leica Q3 Waitlist/Stock/Shipment

13 minutes ago, nariza7 said:

i did leica miami pre order at 9:04am, and havent heard anything aftewards...

I’m in exactly the same boat (to the minute). I received a confirmation of my preorder but that’s it. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nameBrandon said:

Plus, you're paying sales tax, which gets painful after a while

Thanks for sharing!

Agree about Chicago sales tax, I'd better spend this money on accessories. So, with B&H, no tax, just MSRP? 

Edited by mhasman

Just now, mhasman said:

Thanks for sharing!

Agree about Chicago sales tax, I'd better spend this money for accessories. So, with B&H, no tax, just MSRP? 

Yes*, though you need to pay with their Payboo card, then they credit the sales tax back to you on the sale. Definitely get that card, it's saved me probably $2,500 in sales tax alone last year.

But there are other dealers who are in areas that don't require out of state sales tax to be collected, you just have to check around. I know there was a shop in Florida I picked up some Hasselblad gear from that didn't charge tax, etc.. Most of the smaller ones won't.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dancook said:

Just received an update

26. May 2023 15:44 Local time, FRANKFURT - GERMANY

Origin

Service Area: FRANKFURT - GERMANY

Destination

Service Area: READING - UK

Estimated Delivery Date

30. May 2023 - By End of Day

Dang, so lucky haha. I also just have the pre order configuration from leica miami like others. Now I'm just curious how long the wait list is (and what my number is)

• Like 1

I guess I was just lucky. I rang the Leica dealer (retail shop) in Adelaide, South Australia this morning (Fri 26th) just to ask if they were getting any Q3s in.  Turns out that they only have 1 coming in next Monday 29th May, and no-one had reserved it. So I promptly made a AUD$500 deposit and it's mine. They will ring me on Monday when it comes in. Seems initial stock must be severely limited, as the store in question is quite a major retailer of all things photographic, but could only get the one Q3.

I can sometimes get a "negotiated" price with this dealer - I'm a long term customer - but not in this case. Hardly surprising if they are that scarce at the moment.

Paul

• Like 1

She's here. Commencing USB-C charging now (so happy about that)!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 10

In a similar boat to dancook. Ordered from Leica UK at 1351 BST (i.e. 1251 UTC) and it's currently about to be picked up in Frankfurt for delivery next Tuesday. 

It probably would have been Monday if it wasn't a bank holiday in the UK. 

• Like 1

I have a 9:20 Eastern B&H order; seems I just barely missed the in stock inventory.  Hopefully that means I'm not too far down the wait list there.  Really hoping to get it before the end of July.

Edited by Animgif
  • Like 2

Ordered my Q3 around noon EST on launch day, so I'm not expecting it anytime soon.  However, I just noticed there's a pending charge on my CC from B&H for the full amount; which I wasn't expecting. I'd preordered other items in the past and don't remember a charge on my CC until it shipped.  With B&H closed for the holiday, I suppose I won't have an answer until they reopen -- but could it be possible I have a shipment coming soon?

FWIW, it does look like an actual charge since it's showing on the balance due for my CC.  Normally credit auth charges appear on the statement, but are not included in my balance. 

I was told I’m number 12, on the now official waiting list for the Q3, at my local Leica shop. They didn’t know when and how many they’d get in each shipment, so now the waiting game begins.

I was hoping to get one in time for my summer travels to Portugal/Spain in late June, but that sounds unlikely now.

6 hours ago, dancook said:

Just received an update

26. May 2023 15:44 Local time, FRANKFURT - GERMANY

Origin

Service Area: FRANKFURT - GERMANY

Destination

Service Area: READING - UK

Estimated Delivery Date

30. May 2023 - By End of Day

Like you, I am expecting delivery on Tuesday from Germany.

I have encountered an issue with DHL who are now chasing me for the import duty when I have already paid UK VAT.

I am hoping to resolve this and are awaiting a response from the UK online store.

4 hours ago, Beau said:

USA launch day orders...

Leica Store: 7:42am CST, shipped, eta Wednesday

BH Photo: 8:10am CST, shipped, eta Tuesday

Didn't expect both to ship. Oops.

I guess we'll see your spare on FM...

😉