Which Leica M camera would you buy?

LUF Admin

If you had to decide again: Which Leica M camera would you buy?  

376 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to decide again: Which Leica M camera would you buy?

• Leica M (Type 240)
    • Leica M-P (Type 240)
    • Leica M Monochrom
    • Leica M-E
    • Leica M7 / MP
    • Other Leica Camera
    • Other Manufacturer

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I picked up the M-P on release last week before taking a four day workshop with Thorsten Overgaard. The majority of the other workshop participants were shooting the M, and a few had the M9. I found the LCD to be more yellow and more pleasing to the eye on the M-P and for a few exercises were continuous shooting was very helpful that the buffer was quite useful. All in all a great re-introduction to rangefinding and, in my opinion, the right upgrade from the M8.

Cheers

• Like 1

Ich habe die M in silber mit einem wunderschönen fetten roten Leicapunkt auf der Stirn.

Mit dem Summilux 1.4/35 dran ist es ein Traum. Richtig zum verlieben!

Ab und zu benutze ich auch das C Sonnar 1.5/50. Zum schwach werden!

Warte noch auf den Makroadapter vom Super-Elmar 90. Ich erwarte, dass die Kombination mit dem Sonnar, einige tolle Möglichkeiten eröffnet.

In welchen wunderbaren Zeiten leben wir?

Geniesst Eure Schätze!

I am really happy with my X Vario for landscapes/near Macro! My M usage is reduced to the ApoTelyt 135 and the SEM 21 for few special landscapes, sometimes the Lux 50 and the last Gen 2.8/90 Elmarit for second-to-none people shots... And in three to four years then a Leica S with the Vario Elmar and the Apo 180, financing still open...

An MP. Have never bought a Leica digital body.

I voted for the M-P and the MP because I really want them both, as I now also have the M + MP . But... I could only click one option. I tried to re-do it, but that doesn't work..

I would buy an M 60 Anniversary Edition camera if I had to pick only one! It would be great to see this product as a regular edition rather than collectors ones though since I would want to take it out every day. In fact, the main reason why I haven't moved away from the M9 is that the T240 has all kinds of (for me) unnecessary features.

Cheers, Chris

I have the M240 and am pleased with it. That having been said, if the M-P240 had been available back in April of this year when I got my M240, I would have coughed up the extra $1000 for it.

Since I'm pretty content with my lens kit, if I happen upon a spare $8000 USD that I don't need for other things, I will invest it in an M-P240. That way, I will have a backup body for my M240.