Remaining/new bugs in FW 2.0.1.5

Guest roey

Guest Nick932
The time zone and daylight savings settings are still being stored in the custom profiles. This means that I have to either recreate my profiles twice a year (and every time I travel to a different time zone) or that I just can't use the time zone and DST settings and have to adjust the time manually.

How can this be a bug? Is the camera networked to internet or some timeserver?

Guest Nick932
GPS is still unavailable in certain countries. While some may not consider this a bug, it's certainly a larger problem than green focus peaking.

Lets fly more satellites!

1) You create a User Profile at home, and save it as Profile 1. Camera's time is set to your home time zone (eg. GMT -8).

2) You travel to a new time zone. Upon arrival, you go into the camera's menu and adjust the current time zone setting to the new location. (eg. GMT +1)

3) You engage your User Profile 1.

4) Your camera's time zone setting is now changed back to your home location (GMT -8). Would you expect your camera's time zone to be changed from GMT +1 to GMT -8?

It has nothing to do with internet or timeservers.

• Like 1

User profiles in a photographic camera are used by photographers to quickly switch between photographic settings.

Assuming this is not a bug, whoever decided to save the timezone along with photographic settings does not know much about photographers.

No other camera has this b.. ahem... feature, and this is because this feature does more harm than good.

• Like 1

Well, I never change a timezone. This photographer has a mind that is able to add or subtract a few hours depending on the location of the photographer.

That's an interesting idea, set the camera to GMT, and adjust according to your location. Hmm, then however is DST...

Well, I never change a timezone. This photographer has a mind that is able to add or subtract a few hours depending on the location of the photographer.

My non-GPS cameras are always set to UT.

But most users are not like us, and if a timezone setting there is, then it must be properly implemented.

Yes, but the offset of your location might.

I wonder if you can automate this at import, through ImageIngestor?

In theory, given UT and country/state as inputs, an algorithm can output local time.

The few times I need to do that, I do the maths manually ;)