Release of 2.0.1.5 Firmware Update

lct

Another thing I have noticed is that I have 2 x vertical lines in live view about 1 centimetre from the left and right hand side....whats that all about?

Crop marks

In Live View, new crop marks for 3:4 / 6:7 / 1:1 / and 16:9 aspect ratios can be displayed. By pressing the up/down keys, the crop marks are superimposed on the live view screen (without additional information)

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS
regarding the focus peak I can see a big difference, when zoomed 10x, hardly I can se the focus peak, with 5x the focus peak is obvious
you'd the man......5% works great.........well lets just say it works (Its not in your face)

I can't see the horizon without live-view.

It is normal since it is a live view feature. Just press the LV button and the Info button to display it. In classic mode, the frame lines will be your only horizon as usual. Better avoid good wines then. :D

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Battery on charge.........away out in the morning to give this new firmware a blast

Jaaaap got my new glasses so expect everything TAC Sharp :)

it works very well on the 50 and 35 Summilux

But I agree that on Sony NEX it is far better

the modern ASPH summilux's? I don't have ANY modern Leica glass so cannot say- but it wouldn't surprise me as I am sure they are sharper. I have had issues with my f1 Noctilux and my f1.5 Biotar- both old and soft (ish) lenses...

the modern ASPH summilux's? I don't have ANY modern Leica glass so cannot say- but it wouldn't surprise me as I am sure they are sharper. I have had issues with my f1 Noctilux and my f1.5 Biotar- both old and soft (ish) lenses...

yes the 2 last 35 and 50 f/1.4, FK works exactly like on the 90 Summicron or 21 SE, and I focus always at max aperture

My 50 Summilux works just fine - and the 24 Summilux as well as can be expected from any wideangle. I would never use it for a 50 or 24 though, at such focal lengths a rangefinder is far superior.

My 50 Summilux works just fine - and the 24 Summilux as well as can be expected from any wideangle. I would never use it for a 50 or 24 though, at such focal lengths a rangefinder is far superior.

Modern ASPH Summilux?

I agree the RF is faster but with an f1 Noctilux the RF can be hard to nail. I have many out of focus images to attest to this- far more than with my 135mm... If you have time using peaking could have been good- and it does seem to produce very good results on the Sony cameras... so I don't know if I totally agree with you Jaap. I already find I can get a better hit rate using the EVF than the RF with the f1- but it is not as enjoyable- that's for sure.

Edited by jaques
  • Like 1

Half-press shutter button - this is one of the things Leica is still working on.

Actually, it is working. I'd misread the release notes and thought that in PERMANENT a half-press was going to show me the "image adjusted for best visibility." However, I'm seeing simulated exposures at shutter speeds greater than 1/30.