Release of 2.0.1.5 Firmware Update

lct

• 1 year later...

Anyone downloading to a Mac? I get the following message:

File not found.

Please insert memory card with correct firmware file

I had the same problem,  when it says 'Save the Firmware file at the top level of the card's folder structure',  it is, on screen, actually at the end of the file arrangement or the bottom line as you look at your card reader.

Those are some nice updates. But, Leica should allow us to assign the Video button to something else, not just turn it off. A button on the top of the camera that does nothing???? IF that button reset the camera to the "USER1" settings it would be a great, fast way to get back to your most used settings after changing everything for one situation. Let's keep improving - thanks Leica

I'd like to re-assign that M button to EVF/Live View magnification. The front button isn't very convenient for tripod use (especially with adapted SLR lenses that can't trigger automatic magnification).

When I downloaded on my Mac, the firmware file went straight to my Download folder.

Only then did I insert a SD card in my computer's reader and then copied the firmware file straight to the card (a card I only use for upgrading firmware BTW)

Then I saved my profile in User profile as User 1 and exported it to the card.

Now I was ready for upgrade. Everything went well.

Then all I had to do was extract the Use 1 profile from the acrd and voilà!

Is it me or are skin tones a tad reddish with the new firmware?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by lct

I must confess that I am surprised at the lack of "better AWB" and "less high-ISO" noise posts. :rolleyes:^_^:lol:

What? Didn't you notice? Perhaps you need to get your screens recalibrated..

There was at least a 1 stop improvement in high iso capabilities. This is easily tested when you crank up the iso setting to it's highest and take a photo. Couple of years a go I used to just say to myself "stop, don't do it". Now after the latest upgrade it's more like "Stop! Just Stop!". So you see, it's definite 1 stop advantage.

And what comes to awb, it's definitely better.. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it must be better. Even if Leica didn't mention it in release notes. I think they sometimes sneak in improvements and don't mention it at all. It's like secret viral marketing...

Disclaimer: The previous text may contain ironic & humorous statements. Reader discretion is advised.

When new firmware can have such a rejuvenating effect on batteries it's not surprising that folk ascribe other "impossible" properties to it. My M certainly feels lighter.

Does it make the body slimmer too? Or at least does it feel slimmer?

Are there any other side effects to upgrading? Can you go back if you find some issues?

Sorry, I ask too many questions when I get anxious.