Blog

Overgaard

Advertisement (gone after registration)

For those who haven't noticed forum member Chris Weeks' new photo blog of "a Los Angeles photographers life" is up since two weeks ago. He seem to nice to advertise it himself. So I'll do it because I check it every day.

http://barbecuediguana.com

It's quite different and for some reason it have had tons of visitors commenting. I should warn against Chris' strong language which I'm officially against. However, that hasn't kept me from reading it daily so I tought others might survive as well.

I find it refreshing, personal and interesting. Even anarchistic. As blogs should be but seldom are.

Guest stnami

There are some great parts (the narrative is better than the images) to the blog a bit ego centric and small circle of friends orientated but what the heck you either participate or get on with something else. The strong language doesn't really add any positives it just says look at me , it is sotra like yea so you swear so what.

As long as Chris knows when to stop all is fine, blogs can become tedious and start turning on themselves

Makes for an interesting read, although i rather agree with the above. I'm no puritan, and no stranger to profanity, but i don't understand the necessity to drop the F-bomb in EVERY sentence. But, whatever. Consider him Bukowski with a camera.

Nice pictures, too. Especially this one:

deviantART: perplexed at the deux magots by +cweeks

Chris is one cool dude. I really like the fact that he started a blog, should be interesting and colourful!:D When I first read it a few days ago my head was spinning from all the expletives :eek: lol

@thorsten

thanks, mate.

very true it's not for everyone ... and ... truth-be-told ... it was created for a certain audience.

that audience ... is not exactly ... this audience ... but there may be some cross-over.

tutto bene!

and ... i added your website on the blogroll.

the last installment's an interview with sev koller from austria and covers freedom of speech to donkey bars in tijuana! again, not for everyone.

and, yes, it is for a circle of friends ... dunno if i'd characterize that as a "small circle," but we're all "working" photographers ... which ... again ... is a bit different that most in this audience!

have a great weekend, mate. i'm off for a couple days.

*keeps fingers crossed that the broadband is working at my parent's vacation home*

I like the photos, however the language used is a bit overdone, .... I'm not a delicate flower at all but the f*cks and c*nts, w*nkers etc. is a bit over the top, this puts me off reading the blog. But then each to his/her own...

Thanks Chris, it's a *****g honor!

One some of the comments here it reminds me that I want to one day formulate a post if we could stop sounding as we were each others moms or critics or whatever.

I guess "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it" is along the line. But of course constructive advice (or criticism as some call it) is not misplaces in this forum. But I think criticism should lead somewhere forward. Not a full stop.

There is a difference. And to some of us it matters.

Anyway, I'll work on a post along that line and maybe one day help make this forum and the world a better place to be.