I love my Leicaflex!

ganzosrevenge

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Are you talking about for exposure, or compositional purposes?

well I suppose like most of us, I measure the bit of light that I think is most relevant to the picutre, and then compose accordingly. I find the Liecaflex , ---which is rapidly beoming a favorite camera--- by the nature of it screen and meter encourage this, but that is just my way of working, and freely admit I lack a certain craft precision in most things ........ I think Leica got the Leicaflex so right first time,  but I am old enugh  to rember the Leicaflex  coming out and thinking  in my youth thats 'pants' compared  to a Nikon F, and the market agreed , but with age comes a bit more wisdom, I( I hope )  a truly fab camera.

• 2 weeks later...

For the past ten years I have been using screw and M Leicas, as I did back in the 70’s, but have not had a Leicaflex until now.

A few weeks ago I saw one going very cheap on the usual internet bay site. I put a bid on it only because it was the first version of the original Leicaflex with the pie shaped frame counter window.

I got it, but did not have a lens to fit it to try it out. Now I have an M to R adaptor 14167 which together with a OTZFO universal focussing mount and the lens head off a 90mm Elmarit gives me a lens that focuses ok to infinity.

So I used a roll of FP4 and went through almost all the shutter speeds from 2000th at f2.8 to 30th at f22 and they all worked with very consistent negative densities. I have not tried out the exposure meter yet.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

And printed some today

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Very nice! I bought my Leicaflex SL in 1969 to add to my M4. After many years the fast speeds got faster, probably the lubes dried and lost their damping effect.

A couple years ago I also bid and got a Leicaflex, and in shipping to me the meter check button on the front unscrewed and with shipping impacts dented one end of the top cover (caught in the packing between the body and box). Reinstalled the button and all works well, including meter, but I haven’t run a roll of film yet. I have a good set of SL lenses, so thanks to your encouraging post I’ll give it a try.

BTW, Leica found chrome lenses on the Leicaflex can reflect into the meter and give under exposure, so watch that with your adapted lens!